Many rappers have faced threats of violence, but it’s not usually this easy to capture those making the threats. In the case of DMX (real name: Earl Simmons), his would-be assailant actually walked up to a cop and asked for bullets so that he could shoot the rapper, police told the New York Post. The suspect, Racheen Smith, approaced Officer Thomas Kelly in Times Square on Saturday and allegedly said he needed bullets in order to kill DMX, who he said was playing that night at Madison Square Garden. (Actually, DMX wasn’t even on the bill that night, which featured B2K headlining the ”Scream III” tour.) Kelly then searched Smith and reportedly found an unloaded weapon, a .32-caliber pistol that was later found to have been reported stolen in Iowa. Smith was charged with criminal possession of a weapon. No word from DMX’s camp on the incident.
Posted August 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Negan terrorizing Carl
- 'The Walking Dead': Chandler Riggs on Carl's biggest episode ever
- Juliette Lewis talks explosive 'Secrets and Lies' finale
- Tom Cruise joins the world of gods and monsters in 'The Mummy' trailer
- 'Once Upon a Time': The hooded figure is revealed!
- Justin Bieber confirms he's single: 'I'm not really looking either'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big