Many rappers have faced threats of violence, but it’s not usually this easy to capture those making the threats. In the case of DMX (real name: Earl Simmons), his would-be assailant actually walked up to a cop and asked for bullets so that he could shoot the rapper, police told the New York Post. The suspect, Racheen Smith, approaced Officer Thomas Kelly in Times Square on Saturday and allegedly said he needed bullets in order to kill DMX, who he said was playing that night at Madison Square Garden. (Actually, DMX wasn’t even on the bill that night, which featured B2K headlining the ”Scream III” tour.) Kelly then searched Smith and reportedly found an unloaded weapon, a .32-caliber pistol that was later found to have been reported stolen in Iowa. Smith was charged with criminal possession of a weapon. No word from DMX’s camp on the incident.
Posted August 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead': Michael Traynor on Nicholas and his road to redemption
- Rihanna will perform at the 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Pierce Brosnan warns Owen Wilson in 'No Escape' deleted scene
- Everything you ever wanted to know about 'Aladdin'
- See all the 2015 American Music Award nominees, featuring Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, and The Weeknd
- See Brie Larson in exclusive first clip from 'Room'
- Yoko Ono says she's still afraid of John Lennon's killer
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6
- Cast Reunions: See Costars Then And Now