Many rappers have faced threats of violence, but it’s not usually this easy to capture those making the threats. In the case of DMX (real name: Earl Simmons), his would-be assailant actually walked up to a cop and asked for bullets so that he could shoot the rapper, police told the New York Post. The suspect, Racheen Smith, approaced Officer Thomas Kelly in Times Square on Saturday and allegedly said he needed bullets in order to kill DMX, who he said was playing that night at Madison Square Garden. (Actually, DMX wasn’t even on the bill that night, which featured B2K headlining the ”Scream III” tour.) Kelly then searched Smith and reportedly found an unloaded weapon, a .32-caliber pistol that was later found to have been reported stolen in Iowa. Smith was charged with criminal possession of a weapon. No word from DMX’s camp on the incident.
Posted August 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- Sony reaches settlement in hacking lawsuits
- Stephen Colbert counters Jeb Bush's 'Late Show' raffle with his own contest
- On the set of 'American Horror Story: Hotel': A foursome with Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer
- Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks could leave Disney next year
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!