Many rappers have faced threats of violence, but it’s not usually this easy to capture those making the threats. In the case of DMX (real name: Earl Simmons), his would-be assailant actually walked up to a cop and asked for bullets so that he could shoot the rapper, police told the New York Post. The suspect, Racheen Smith, approaced Officer Thomas Kelly in Times Square on Saturday and allegedly said he needed bullets in order to kill DMX, who he said was playing that night at Madison Square Garden. (Actually, DMX wasn’t even on the bill that night, which featured B2K headlining the ”Scream III” tour.) Kelly then searched Smith and reportedly found an unloaded weapon, a .32-caliber pistol that was later found to have been reported stolen in Iowa. Smith was charged with criminal possession of a weapon. No word from DMX’s camp on the incident.
Posted August 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!