Many rappers have faced threats of violence, but it’s not usually this easy to capture those making the threats. In the case of DMX (real name: Earl Simmons), his would-be assailant actually walked up to a cop and asked for bullets so that he could shoot the rapper, police told the New York Post. The suspect, Racheen Smith, approaced Officer Thomas Kelly in Times Square on Saturday and allegedly said he needed bullets in order to kill DMX, who he said was playing that night at Madison Square Garden. (Actually, DMX wasn’t even on the bill that night, which featured B2K headlining the ”Scream III” tour.) Kelly then searched Smith and reportedly found an unloaded weapon, a .32-caliber pistol that was later found to have been reported stolen in Iowa. Smith was charged with criminal possession of a weapon. No word from DMX’s camp on the incident.
Posted August 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'