Since Carly Simon does the music for the film, Piglet probably thinks this movie’s about him. Well, he’s right, and it’s not a bad starring vehicle: The tiny fellow wishes he were bigger so that his buddies would appreciate him. Little does he know that Pooh and the gang do realize just how special their porcine pal is. Simon’s songs are breezy and light enough to please youngsters and adults alike, but even our awfully cute protagonist can’t disguise the fact that Piglet’s a bit toothless, even for the kiddies. EXTRAS Hammy life lessons from Piglet, and a mildly diverting game in which players search for the wee swine’s drawings.
Genre: Kids and Family, Animation; Starring: Peter Cullen, James Cummings, John Fiedler, Ken Samson; Director: Francis Glebas; Author: Brian Hohlfeld; Release Date Wide: 03/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 75; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted August 8 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Patrick Ness on writing fantastical fiction for teens in 'The Rest of Us Just Live Here'
- Watch how Jim Henson's Creature Shop creates the puppets in 'Oscar's Hotel'
- LCD Soundsystem has no plans to reunite despite reports
- Terror goes viral in exclusive trailer for Chloe Sevigny-starring '#Horror'
- John Boehner drops out of 'Tonight Show' appearance
- Netflix raised the price of its most popular subscription
- Pacino or De Niro? Which actor 'wins' 'Heat'?