It’s too tempting to wag a feminist finger at Bynes’ go-girl ”find yourself” Cinderella story. Her long-lost dad is, conveniently, a rich British lord who, natch, wants to give her a makeover! She shakes up his fuddy life…by taking him shopping! And ultimately, what she really seems to want is a cute English boyfriend. Firth (he who played Mr. Darcy!) embarrasses himself (yes, he air-guitars in front of a mirror), and Bynes, though likable, is merely Sandra Dee dressed up in belly-baring low-riders. Still, the tweens love it. And it’s just a cute little movie – right? EXTRAS A game in which you re-create Bynes’ various outfits trumps her chirpy, I-love-everybody commentary.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Amanda Bynes, Colin Firth, Kelly Preston, Eileen Atkins, Anna Chancellor, Oliver James, Jonathan Pryce; Director: Dennie Gordon; Author: Jenny Bicks; Release Date Wide: 04/04/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 1; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted August 8 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The 10 Most Shocking Revelations from Teresa Giudice's Prison Memoir
- Demi Lovato, John Legend, Luke Bryan, and Meghan Trainor to perform Lionel Richie tribute at Grammys
- Nikki Glaser on her new show, foot fetishes, and her plan to replace Valentine's Day
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Rush Hour': Lee is 'Asian Orlando Bloom' in new promo
- 'House of Cards': Frank and Claire square off in exclusive season 4 poster
- James Corden one-ups the Puppy Bowl with 'Baby Bowl'
- See the first trailer for 'Fuller House'.