Carrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack – an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ”Sex and the City” – is the woman responsible for many of her on-screen bons mots. Chupack’s wit is apparent in this collection of relationship essays, The Between Boyfriends Book, each cleverly titled with mock definitions of dating terms (e.g., ”CUPIDITY: The faulty logic that leads a well-meaning but clueless third party to believe that two random singles are perfect for each other”). And her breezy observations (sometimes too breezy; many of the essays originally ran in Glamour) are as hilarious as they are true. Chupack on dating married men: ”You realize…you are not, in fact, Julia Roberts. At best you’re one of the Arquette sisters – in for an act or two, a catalyst for someone else’s story.”
The Between Boyfriends BookCarrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack -- an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ''Sex and the City'' -- is the woman responsible for many...The Between Boyfriends BookNonfictionCindy ChupackCarrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack -- an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ''Sex and the City'' -- is the woman responsible for many...2003-08-15
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Cindy Chupack
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Beyoncé used New Orleans documentary footage 'with permission' in new 'Formation' video: rep
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'