Carrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack – an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ”Sex and the City” – is the woman responsible for many of her on-screen bons mots. Chupack’s wit is apparent in this collection of relationship essays, The Between Boyfriends Book, each cleverly titled with mock definitions of dating terms (e.g., ”CUPIDITY: The faulty logic that leads a well-meaning but clueless third party to believe that two random singles are perfect for each other”). And her breezy observations (sometimes too breezy; many of the essays originally ran in Glamour) are as hilarious as they are true. Chupack on dating married men: ”You realize…you are not, in fact, Julia Roberts. At best you’re one of the Arquette sisters – in for an act or two, a catalyst for someone else’s story.”
The Between Boyfriends BookCarrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack -- an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ''Sex and the City'' -- is the woman responsible for many...The Between Boyfriends BookNonfictionCindy ChupackCarrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack -- an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ''Sex and the City'' -- is the woman responsible for many...2003-08-15
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Cindy Chupack
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!