Carrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack – an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ”Sex and the City” – is the woman responsible for many of her on-screen bons mots. Chupack’s wit is apparent in this collection of relationship essays, The Between Boyfriends Book, each cleverly titled with mock definitions of dating terms (e.g., ”CUPIDITY: The faulty logic that leads a well-meaning but clueless third party to believe that two random singles are perfect for each other”). And her breezy observations (sometimes too breezy; many of the essays originally ran in Glamour) are as hilarious as they are true. Chupack on dating married men: ”You realize…you are not, in fact, Julia Roberts. At best you’re one of the Arquette sisters – in for an act or two, a catalyst for someone else’s story.”
The Between Boyfriends BookCarrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack -- an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ''Sex and the City'' -- is the woman responsible for many...The Between Boyfriends BookNonfictionCindy ChupackCarrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack -- an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ''Sex and the City'' -- is the woman responsible for many...2003-08-15
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Cindy Chupack
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jeff Nichols' 'Midnight Special' has been pushed to 2016
- Authors tweet hilarious advice on what NOT to say to a writer
- Jaden Smith roams Italy in 'Scarface' video
- 'Mythbusters' to revisit famous 'Jaws' stunt
- New 'Bourne' film recruits Tommy Lee Jones
- Bryan Cranston and Helen Mirren tangle in new photo from 'Trumbo'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!