Carrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack – an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ”Sex and the City” – is the woman responsible for many of her on-screen bons mots. Chupack’s wit is apparent in this collection of relationship essays, The Between Boyfriends Book, each cleverly titled with mock definitions of dating terms (e.g., ”CUPIDITY: The faulty logic that leads a well-meaning but clueless third party to believe that two random singles are perfect for each other”). And her breezy observations (sometimes too breezy; many of the essays originally ran in Glamour) are as hilarious as they are true. Chupack on dating married men: ”You realize…you are not, in fact, Julia Roberts. At best you’re one of the Arquette sisters – in for an act or two, a catalyst for someone else’s story.”
The Between Boyfriends BookCarrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack -- an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ''Sex and the City'' -- is the woman responsible for many...The Between Boyfriends BookNonfictionCindy ChupackCarrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack -- an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ''Sex and the City'' -- is the woman responsible for many...2003-08-15
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Cindy Chupack
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game