Carrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack – an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ”Sex and the City” – is the woman responsible for many of her on-screen bons mots. Chupack’s wit is apparent in this collection of relationship essays, The Between Boyfriends Book, each cleverly titled with mock definitions of dating terms (e.g., ”CUPIDITY: The faulty logic that leads a well-meaning but clueless third party to believe that two random singles are perfect for each other”). And her breezy observations (sometimes too breezy; many of the essays originally ran in Glamour) are as hilarious as they are true. Chupack on dating married men: ”You realize…you are not, in fact, Julia Roberts. At best you’re one of the Arquette sisters – in for an act or two, a catalyst for someone else’s story.”
The Between Boyfriends BookCarrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack -- an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ''Sex and the City'' -- is the woman responsible for many...The Between Boyfriends BookNonfictionCindy ChupackCarrie Bradshaw may know good sex, but Cindy Chupack -- an Emmy-winning writer and producer of ''Sex and the City'' -- is the woman responsible for many...2003-08-15
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Cindy Chupack
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea release 'Pretty Girls'
- Domhnall Gleeson teaches us how to pronounce 'Domhnall Gleeson'
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' to film at Pinewood Studios
- 'Blurred Lines' may get another trial
- 'Star Trek' actress dies at 85
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!