There’s something in the airbut don’t inhale. Marijuana use is growing like, well, a weed on the big and small screens. Take Aug. 3’s Sex and the City, in which Carrie and her buds smoked up. And, despite its title, Mandy Moore’s How to Deal didn’t pack instructions on selling drugs – but her character’s grandma sure knew how to pack a bowl. Even America’s favorite potheads, Cheech and Chong, have signed on for another joint venture. ”It’s an amazing cultural shift,” says Allen St. Pierre, exec director of the NORML Foundation. ”It’s the aging of the baby boomers and the generations that follow.” Put that in your pipe and smoke it. And pass the Doritos.
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge explains Ethan's evolution
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'
- Channing Tatum is 21 and adorable in this video from Fashion Week 2002
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover