There’s something in the airbut don’t inhale. Marijuana use is growing like, well, a weed on the big and small screens. Take Aug. 3’s Sex and the City, in which Carrie and her buds smoked up. And, despite its title, Mandy Moore’s How to Deal didn’t pack instructions on selling drugs – but her character’s grandma sure knew how to pack a bowl. Even America’s favorite potheads, Cheech and Chong, have signed on for another joint venture. ”It’s an amazing cultural shift,” says Allen St. Pierre, exec director of the NORML Foundation. ”It’s the aging of the baby boomers and the generations that follow.” Put that in your pipe and smoke it. And pass the Doritos.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!