There’s something in the airbut don’t inhale. Marijuana use is growing like, well, a weed on the big and small screens. Take Aug. 3’s Sex and the City, in which Carrie and her buds smoked up. And, despite its title, Mandy Moore’s How to Deal didn’t pack instructions on selling drugs – but her character’s grandma sure knew how to pack a bowl. Even America’s favorite potheads, Cheech and Chong, have signed on for another joint venture. ”It’s an amazing cultural shift,” says Allen St. Pierre, exec director of the NORML Foundation. ”It’s the aging of the baby boomers and the generations that follow.” Put that in your pipe and smoke it. And pass the Doritos.
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- 9 little-known facts about Rihanna's first album
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!