Kids get lost on a back road, wander into the wrong house, and – surprise! – become fresh meat for a family of psycho killers. You’ve seen it in a zillion horror flicks, and so has director Rob Zombie (ex-lead singer of White Zombie), who borrows from most of them for a sadistic mess of torture and dismemberment. But at least he has Black, campily flouncing as the crazy matriarch, who helps take things so ridiculously over the top that they don’t even seem (that) disgusting. EXTRAS ”Special Features” include three cast members cracking up over gross knock-knock jokes, a ”Behind the Scenes” look at the crew milling around between takes, and interviews with actors who discuss the upcoming sequel. Now that’s scary!
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Karen Black, Jeanne Carmen, Sid Haig, Chris Hardwick, Michael J. Pollard; Director: Rob Zombie; Author: Rob Zombie; Release Date Wide: 04/11/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere