Kids get lost on a back road, wander into the wrong house, and – surprise! – become fresh meat for a family of psycho killers. You’ve seen it in a zillion horror flicks, and so has director Rob Zombie (ex-lead singer of White Zombie), who borrows from most of them for a sadistic mess of torture and dismemberment. But at least he has Black, campily flouncing as the crazy matriarch, who helps take things so ridiculously over the top that they don’t even seem (that) disgusting. EXTRAS ”Special Features” include three cast members cracking up over gross knock-knock jokes, a ”Behind the Scenes” look at the crew milling around between takes, and interviews with actors who discuss the upcoming sequel. Now that’s scary!
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Karen Black, Jeanne Carmen, Sid Haig, Chris Hardwick, Michael J. Pollard; Director: Rob Zombie; Author: Rob Zombie; Release Date Wide: 04/11/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday