Kids get lost on a back road, wander into the wrong house, and – surprise! – become fresh meat for a family of psycho killers. You’ve seen it in a zillion horror flicks, and so has director Rob Zombie (ex-lead singer of White Zombie), who borrows from most of them for a sadistic mess of torture and dismemberment. But at least he has Black, campily flouncing as the crazy matriarch, who helps take things so ridiculously over the top that they don’t even seem (that) disgusting. EXTRAS ”Special Features” include three cast members cracking up over gross knock-knock jokes, a ”Behind the Scenes” look at the crew milling around between takes, and interviews with actors who discuss the upcoming sequel. Now that’s scary!
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Karen Black, Jeanne Carmen, Sid Haig, Chris Hardwick, Michael J. Pollard; Director: Rob Zombie; Author: Rob Zombie; Release Date Wide: 04/11/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'How to Get Away With Murder,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'New Girl' welcomes Jack McBrayer, Regis Philbin for season finale
- ABC Family renews Baby Daddy for fifth season
- Leonard Nimoy and Zachary Quinto: A tale of two Spocks at Comic-Con '07
- Game of Thrones season 5 poster shows Tyrion meeting a dragon
- Zachary Quinto: Leonard Nimoy 'like family'
- Why Terrence Howard thinks they should use the 'N' word on 'Empire'