Kids get lost on a back road, wander into the wrong house, and – surprise! – become fresh meat for a family of psycho killers. You’ve seen it in a zillion horror flicks, and so has director Rob Zombie (ex-lead singer of White Zombie), who borrows from most of them for a sadistic mess of torture and dismemberment. But at least he has Black, campily flouncing as the crazy matriarch, who helps take things so ridiculously over the top that they don’t even seem (that) disgusting. EXTRAS ”Special Features” include three cast members cracking up over gross knock-knock jokes, a ”Behind the Scenes” look at the crew milling around between takes, and interviews with actors who discuss the upcoming sequel. Now that’s scary!
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Karen Black, Jeanne Carmen, Sid Haig, Chris Hardwick, Michael J. Pollard; Director: Rob Zombie; Author: Rob Zombie; Release Date Wide: 04/11/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Casting Net: 'TMNT 2' adds Brian Tee as bad guy Shredder
- 'Osbournes' won't reboot at VH1
- 'Chicago Fire/PD,' 'SVU' bosses on fatal crossover event
- Viola Davis will play Harriet Tubman in HBO movie
- Indie director Adam Wingard to tackle 'Death Note'
- Behold, Joe Manganiello's 'Magic Mike XXL' poster revealed
- Hailee Steinfeld cast to star in 'Break My Heart 1,000 Times' film adaptation