Talk about your 15 minutes of fame: On screen, the rise and fall of ”next big thing” Billy Byrne (Beesley) literally doesn’t last much more than a quarter hour. After that, it’s all downhill for this film, which finds once-promising ”artist” Billy landing on the London streets, becoming a petty crook, and fighting in a ridiculously over-the-top battle between pickpockets and gangsters – one of whom wields a sledgehammer and lip-synchs to Percy Sledge’s ”When a Man Loves a Woman.” Borrowing from both Stanley Kubrick and Danny Boyle, writer-director Stephen Norrington (Blade, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) throws in lots of trippy editing stunts, which only obscure what little his film has to say. EXTRAS Some four hours of special-feature overkill include five mini-docs, among them one that discusses the film’s ”autobiographical” nature – and illuminates nothing.
The Last Minute Talk about your 15 minutes of fame: On screen, the rise and fall of ''next big thing'' Billy Byrne (Beesley) literally doesn't last much more than a...The Last Minute Talk about your 15 minutes of fame: On screen, the rise and fall of ''next big thing'' Billy Byrne (Beesley) literally doesn't last much more than a...2003-08-15
Starring: Max Beesley, Emily Corrie; Director: Stephen Norrington; Release Date Wide: 01/01/2002
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!