A fearless and powerful drama about the Magdalene Asylums, in which clear-eyed Irish lasses were subjected to torments worthy of a fascist regime. Peter Mullan’s film may be a high-toned women’s-prison picture, but it grasps the inherent theater of cruelty.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Anne-Marie Duff, Dorothy Duffy, Nora-Jane Noone, Geraldine McEwan, Eileen Walsh; Director: Peter Mullan; Author: Peter Mullan; Runtime (in minutes): 119; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!