A fearless and powerful drama about the Magdalene Asylums, in which clear-eyed Irish lasses were subjected to torments worthy of a fascist regime. Peter Mullan’s film may be a high-toned women’s-prison picture, but it grasps the inherent theater of cruelty.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Anne-Marie Duff, Dorothy Duffy, Nora-Jane Noone, Geraldine McEwan, Eileen Walsh; Director: Peter Mullan; Author: Peter Mullan; Release Date Limited: 08/01/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 119; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Comic-Con 2016: 'Family Guy' panel talks possible movie, 'Star Wars'
- 'Fantastic Beasts': Eddie Redmayne leads Comic-Con in casting spell
- WATCH: 'Timeless' stars deal with time travel physics
- WATCH: Grant Gustin shares pro-tips with Kid Flash Keiynan Lonsdale
- WATCH: 'Arrow' EP teases a return to season 1-type villainy
- ‘The Revenant’ bear storms Comic-Con: Adam Savage’s best costume yet?
- 'King Arthur' trailer shows new look at Charlie Hunnam's medieval hero