On the surface, it was just a goofy cartoon about a flying squirrel and talking moose, but for all its silliness (once again: flying squirrel and talking moose), Rocky & Bullwinkle was surprisingly sophisticated. The duo’s first adventure not only taped the Cold War space race, but unfolded over an astounding 40 installments. The ”friends” in question are a mixed lot (Dudley Do-Right can do no wrong, while Mr. Peabody is like the schoolyard know-it-all you wish would just shut his yap), but whenever the moose is loose, so are the laughs. EXTRAS You get a special Savings Stamp Club episode and never-before-seen bumpers featuring a wacky Bullwinkle puppet, but the notorious Boris Badenov steals the show with one hilarious promo clip.
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!