On the surface, it was just a goofy cartoon about a flying squirrel and talking moose, but for all its silliness (once again: flying squirrel and talking moose), Rocky & Bullwinkle was surprisingly sophisticated. The duo’s first adventure not only taped the Cold War space race, but unfolded over an astounding 40 installments. The ”friends” in question are a mixed lot (Dudley Do-Right can do no wrong, while Mr. Peabody is like the schoolyard know-it-all you wish would just shut his yap), but whenever the moose is loose, so are the laughs. EXTRAS You get a special Savings Stamp Club episode and never-before-seen bumpers featuring a wacky Bullwinkle puppet, but the notorious Boris Badenov steals the show with one hilarious promo clip.
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!