On the surface, it was just a goofy cartoon about a flying squirrel and talking moose, but for all its silliness (once again: flying squirrel and talking moose), Rocky & Bullwinkle was surprisingly sophisticated. The duo’s first adventure not only taped the Cold War space race, but unfolded over an astounding 40 installments. The ”friends” in question are a mixed lot (Dudley Do-Right can do no wrong, while Mr. Peabody is like the schoolyard know-it-all you wish would just shut his yap), but whenever the moose is loose, so are the laughs. EXTRAS You get a special Savings Stamp Club episode and never-before-seen bumpers featuring a wacky Bullwinkle puppet, but the notorious Boris Badenov steals the show with one hilarious promo clip.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Furious 7' breaks box office records in China
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!