Risk-taking photographer Li Zhensheng hid this shot – and thousands more – in floorboards and furniture for the four decades preceding Red-Color News Soldier (Phaidon, $39.95), the first complete photo history to present China’s dark Cultural Revolution (1966-76) in all its inhumanity.
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel