Risk-taking photographer Li Zhensheng hid this shot – and thousands more – in floorboards and furniture for the four decades preceding Red-Color News Soldier (Phaidon, $39.95), the first complete photo history to present China’s dark Cultural Revolution (1966-76) in all its inhumanity.
Posted August 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The 10 most-promising 'Voice' contestants
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Bear Left Then Bear Write'
- Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert get stars on the Music City Walk of Fame
- Casting Net: Jennifer Aniston, Jack Huston fly with 'The Yellow Birds'
- Hannibal Buress shares unaired 'Unemployable' pilot
- 'The Flash' boss on heartbreaking premiere twist
- See Jay Leno 'tag in' for Jimmy Fallon during 'Tonight Show' monologue