I’m With Busey follows writer Adam de la Peña as he follows the Tao of weirdo actor Gary Busey by camping with him in the desert and watching him dance in drag. And rather than exploring the general effects of gallons of beer on the entirety of the Y-chromosome set, ”Busey” specializes in one singular mind, which apparently has not been quite the same since a serious 1988 motorcycle accident. It would all seem cruel if de la Peña, formerly a writer for ”The Man Show” and ”Crank Yankers” (another Carolla and Kimmel creation), weren’t such a dorky kid. But Busey gets his revenge, trashing their desert campsite and embarrassing de la Peña at the mall. Their Yoda-Jedi relationship becomes more reciprocal and tender with time, and you get the feeling that Busey will be chasing his disciple around with flaming sticks long after the cameras stop rolling.
(I'm With Busey: Daniel Longmire)
Genre: Comedy, Reality TV; Starring: Gary Busey; Series Premiere: 06/17/2003; Broadcaster: Comedy Central; Status: In Season
Posted August 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Criminal Minds': Thomas Gibson returns for premiere
- 'Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker to appear on '60 Minutes'
- Bon Iver played a surprise concert at Berlin hotel
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?