I’m With Busey follows writer Adam de la Peña as he follows the Tao of weirdo actor Gary Busey by camping with him in the desert and watching him dance in drag. And rather than exploring the general effects of gallons of beer on the entirety of the Y-chromosome set, ”Busey” specializes in one singular mind, which apparently has not been quite the same since a serious 1988 motorcycle accident. It would all seem cruel if de la Peña, formerly a writer for ”The Man Show” and ”Crank Yankers” (another Carolla and Kimmel creation), weren’t such a dorky kid. But Busey gets his revenge, trashing their desert campsite and embarrassing de la Peña at the mall. Their Yoda-Jedi relationship becomes more reciprocal and tender with time, and you get the feeling that Busey will be chasing his disciple around with flaming sticks long after the cameras stop rolling.
(I'm With Busey: Daniel Longmire)
Genre: Comedy, Reality TV; Lead Performer: Gary Busey; Performers: Adam de la Pena; Run Dates: 06/17/2003; Broadcaster: Comedy Central; Status: In Season
Posted August 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bill Cosby seeks dismissal of lawsuit
- William Shatner, Patrick Stewart on Nimoy
- Craig Ferguson to star in ABC’s comedy pilot 'The King of 7B'
- 'How to Get Away With Murder,' 'Chicago Fire,' 'Agents of SHIELD,' more fresh TV spoilers
- MTV renews 'Are You the One?,' 'The Challenge,' orders two new series
- The indomitable Big Freedia returns with a new season of 'Queen of Bounce'
- New Bruce Lee biopic announced by his family