I’m With Busey follows writer Adam de la Peña as he follows the Tao of weirdo actor Gary Busey by camping with him in the desert and watching him dance in drag. And rather than exploring the general effects of gallons of beer on the entirety of the Y-chromosome set, ”Busey” specializes in one singular mind, which apparently has not been quite the same since a serious 1988 motorcycle accident. It would all seem cruel if de la Peña, formerly a writer for ”The Man Show” and ”Crank Yankers” (another Carolla and Kimmel creation), weren’t such a dorky kid. But Busey gets his revenge, trashing their desert campsite and embarrassing de la Peña at the mall. Their Yoda-Jedi relationship becomes more reciprocal and tender with time, and you get the feeling that Busey will be chasing his disciple around with flaming sticks long after the cameras stop rolling.
(I'm With Busey: Daniel Longmire)
Genre: Comedy, Reality TV; Starring: Gary Busey; Series Premiere: 06/17/2003; Broadcaster: Comedy Central; Status: In Season
Posted August 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Exorcist' cast reveals creepy activity on series set
- 'Edge of Tomorrow 2' is 'a sequel that's a prequel,' director says
- Destiny's Child fans freak out over new official Instagram account
- Preview Stephen King's children's book 'Charlie the Choo-Choo'
- Leslie Odom Jr. performs Sara Bareilles’ powerful election anthem
- 'This Is Us' star Chrissy Metz on Kate's reveal about Jack
- Kid Cudi responds to Drake diss: 'Say it to my face'