”The Pianist”’s Oscar-winning screenwriter, Ronald Harwood, adapted Brian Moore’s novel about a former Nazi executioner (Michael Caine) who has lived for decades sheltered by right-wingers within the Catholic Church. When his crimes come to light, he finds himself on the run as police investigators and hitmen pursue him throughout France. ”The Hurricane”’s Norman Jewison directs.
Posted August 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Dark Knight' video essay explores Heath Ledger's Joker
- Daisy Ridley says next 'Star Wars' title won't be revealed for a while
- Emily Blunt shares Julie Andrews' reaction to her Mary Poppins casting
- Kevin Smith recalls awkward text exchange with daughter
- ‘The Goldbergs’ enlists ‘The Office’ alum for ‘Brady Bunch’ episode
- Britney Spears says Carpool Karaoke was 'fun,' 'awkward'
- MTV VMAs: The most memorable performances