This IMAX prequel to the 1979 classic (penned by original coscreenwriter Jeanne Rosenberg) takes place in post-World War II Africa, where a young girl stranded in the desert is rescued by a wild horse. Their friendship grows when they return home and the stallion competes in a prestigious horse race in order to help the girl’s grandfather regain respect in the community.
(The Young Black Stallion: David Guer)
Posted August 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The View' gets new theme song: Mary J. Blige's 'World's Gone Crazy'
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan had no idea about cliffhanger
- Nick Offerman previews 'Good Clean Fun' and announces tour
- Diana Gordon makes powerful TV debut on 'Colbert'
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead recalls Michael Moore sex scene on 'BrainDead'
- 'Rings' trailer brings Samara back for more scares
- Stephen Colbert helps Rami Malek make his first Instagram post
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your limited series/drama nominees are...