This IMAX prequel to the 1979 classic (penned by original coscreenwriter Jeanne Rosenberg) takes place in post-World War II Africa, where a young girl stranded in the desert is rescued by a wild horse. Their friendship grows when they return home and the stallion competes in a prestigious horse race in order to help the girl’s grandfather regain respect in the community.
(The Young Black Stallion: David Guer)
Posted August 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' wife, children continue to sort out issues over late actor's estate
- Icona Pop join One Direction on their U.S. tour
- Caitlyn Jenner's mom: 'She's beautiful'
- St. Vincent OK after fall off speakers
- Eddie Redmayne set for 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Justice Department ramps up its investigation of theater chains
- Tracy Morgan: 'I ain't never going to take life for granted no more'
- 18 CBS star portraits from summer/fall shows
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Charlize & Seth, Alessandro & Bradley, Gwen Stefani and More!