This IMAX prequel to the 1979 classic (penned by original coscreenwriter Jeanne Rosenberg) takes place in post-World War II Africa, where a young girl stranded in the desert is rescued by a wild horse. Their friendship grows when they return home and the stallion competes in a prestigious horse race in order to help the girl’s grandfather regain respect in the community.
(The Young Black Stallion: David Guer)
Posted August 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!