New York quartet the STAR SPANGLES straight-facedly maintain that the only rock artists worth a damn are Chuck Berry and the Ramones, but they’re not as myopic as that statement would lead you to believe. Spin their corking-great debut album, ”BAZOOKA!!!,” and a few other influences – the Replacements, Heartbreakers, Flamin Groovies, Real Kids, Hoodoo Gurus – suggest themselves. Yes, bucko, this is the type of full-bore, old-school rockorama that’s in too short supply these days, a glorious blend of punk and power pop straight outta ‘78. Produced by the band with Daniel Rey (Ramones), it’s all short, sharp riffs and speedy sing-alongs that’ll be imprinted on your synapses after one listen (that anyone could resist the choruses of ”Which of the Two of Us Is Gonna Burn This House Down?” or ”I Don’t Wanna Be Crazy Anymore” seems downright impossible). Bonus for the fashion conscious: They dress like the Small Faces!
Bazooka!!! New York quartet the STAR SPANGLES straight-facedly maintain that the only rock artists worth a damn are Chuck Berry and the Ramones, but they're not...Bazooka!!! New York quartet the STAR SPANGLES straight-facedly maintain that the only rock artists worth a damn are Chuck Berry and the Ramones, but they're not...2003-08-22
Producer (group): Capitol
Posted August 22 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Vince Vaughn joins Andrew Garfield in Mel Gibson's next movie
- Meek Mill explains why he's 'scared to be political'
- The Pope forces New York Film Festival to postpone 'The Walk' premiere
- Ron Howard, Tyler Perry to be recognized with DGA Honors
- Will metal detectors keep our movie theaters safe?
- Matthew Fox is a post-apocalyptic DJ in 'Extinction' trailer – exclusive
- 'Hollywood Teen Medium' is an actual new TV show
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!