Halle Berry is heeding the catcall – prepping for her starring role in Warner Bros.’ ”Catwoman,” due in theaters next summer. ”It’s great – lots of fight training and whip work,” says the Oscar winner, who’s been a fan of the feline comic character since seeing Eartha Kitt play her in old episodes of the 1960s ”Batman” series. ”Catwoman’s been done by great women, and I’m just hoping I can stand among them and add some of my own personality.” Berry won’t reveal how her costumes compare to Kitt’s spandex sparkles or Michelle Pfeiffer’s S&M latex, except to describe them as ”amazing…different than any others.” And the kitty lingo? Promises Berry, ”’I’m trying to get my purr just right.”
(Halle Berry: Gregg De Guire/WireImage.com)
Posted August 22 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Jurassic World' exhibit will feature life-size animatronic dinosaurs
- Tiffany 'New York' Pollard is hosting a unique gay dating series
- Honest Trailers' take on 'Batman: The Killing Joke' is no laughing matter
- Tilda Swinton talks The Ancient One in 'Doctor Strange' sneak peek video
- J.K. Rowling saw Amy Schumer's stand-up show and loved it
- Adam Scott and Craig Robinson team up for paranormal comedy 'Ghosted'
- EW PopFest: Here's everything you need to know!