Halle Berry is heeding the catcall – prepping for her starring role in Warner Bros.’ ”Catwoman,” due in theaters next summer. ”It’s great – lots of fight training and whip work,” says the Oscar winner, who’s been a fan of the feline comic character since seeing Eartha Kitt play her in old episodes of the 1960s ”Batman” series. ”Catwoman’s been done by great women, and I’m just hoping I can stand among them and add some of my own personality.” Berry won’t reveal how her costumes compare to Kitt’s spandex sparkles or Michelle Pfeiffer’s S&M latex, except to describe them as ”amazing…different than any others.” And the kitty lingo? Promises Berry, ”’I’m trying to get my purr just right.”
(Halle Berry: Gregg De Guire/WireImage.com)
Posted August 22 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters