Halle Berry is heeding the catcall – prepping for her starring role in Warner Bros.’ ”Catwoman,” due in theaters next summer. ”It’s great – lots of fight training and whip work,” says the Oscar winner, who’s been a fan of the feline comic character since seeing Eartha Kitt play her in old episodes of the 1960s ”Batman” series. ”Catwoman’s been done by great women, and I’m just hoping I can stand among them and add some of my own personality.” Berry won’t reveal how her costumes compare to Kitt’s spandex sparkles or Michelle Pfeiffer’s S&M latex, except to describe them as ”amazing…different than any others.” And the kitty lingo? Promises Berry, ”’I’m trying to get my purr just right.”
(Halle Berry: Gregg De Guire/WireImage.com)
Posted August 22 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nina Dobrev speaks Bulgarian on the 'Late Late Show'
- Pop-country singer Billy Joe Royal dead at 73
- Aaron Sorkin on 'Steve Jobs' portrayal: 'This movie is not a biopic'
- Ariana Grande and 'Victorious' co-star Liz Gillies post kissing video 'by accident'
- Nicki Minaj: Miley Cyrus has 'some big balls' for VMA comments
- Ronda Rousey addresses her dig at Floyd Mayweather on 'The Tonight Show'
- Michaela Watkins on new Hulu comedy 'Casual': 'It's kind of a cool trip'