Halle Berry is heeding the catcall – prepping for her starring role in Warner Bros.’ ”Catwoman,” due in theaters next summer. ”It’s great – lots of fight training and whip work,” says the Oscar winner, who’s been a fan of the feline comic character since seeing Eartha Kitt play her in old episodes of the 1960s ”Batman” series. ”Catwoman’s been done by great women, and I’m just hoping I can stand among them and add some of my own personality.” Berry won’t reveal how her costumes compare to Kitt’s spandex sparkles or Michelle Pfeiffer’s S&M latex, except to describe them as ”amazing…different than any others.” And the kitty lingo? Promises Berry, ”’I’m trying to get my purr just right.”
(Halle Berry: Gregg De Guire/WireImage.com)
Posted August 22 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'