”X-Men” fanatics, take a deep breath: Erstwhile mutant Hugh Jackman has traded his muttonchops for maracas, and he’s dusting off his dancing shoes to play singer-songwriter-showman Peter Allen on Broadway. ”Peter was galvanizing on stage, an icon in Australia,” says Jackman, currently rehearsing for an Oct. 16 opening. As this shot from the show’s buoyant ”I Go to Rio” number suggests, Allen was also famous for his outrageous antics: ”Hawaiian shirts, gold tap shoes, jumping on the piano, dancing with the Rockettes.” Wolverine in a kick line? Oh ”Boy”…
(Hugh Jackman Photograph by Brian Finke)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Exclusive: Flo Rida drops breezy, Robin Thicke-featuring "I Don't Like It, I Love It"
- Justin Timberlake pretends to pull a Kanye on Taylor Swift at iHeartRadio Awards
- 'Jurassic World' TV spot: Making new dinos is still a bad idea
- iHeartRadio Music Awards 2015: Our 5 favorite moments
- Trevor Noah to replace Jon Stewart as 'Daily Show' host
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln breaks down 'extraordinary' season finale
- 'Walking Dead': Norman Reedus on Daryl's big finale
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!