”X-Men” fanatics, take a deep breath: Erstwhile mutant Hugh Jackman has traded his muttonchops for maracas, and he’s dusting off his dancing shoes to play singer-songwriter-showman Peter Allen on Broadway. ”Peter was galvanizing on stage, an icon in Australia,” says Jackman, currently rehearsing for an Oct. 16 opening. As this shot from the show’s buoyant ”I Go to Rio” number suggests, Allen was also famous for his outrageous antics: ”Hawaiian shirts, gold tap shoes, jumping on the piano, dancing with the Rockettes.” Wolverine in a kick line? Oh ”Boy”…
(Hugh Jackman Photograph by Brian Finke)
Posted August 22 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!