”X-Men” fanatics, take a deep breath: Erstwhile mutant Hugh Jackman has traded his muttonchops for maracas, and he’s dusting off his dancing shoes to play singer-songwriter-showman Peter Allen on Broadway. ”Peter was galvanizing on stage, an icon in Australia,” says Jackman, currently rehearsing for an Oct. 16 opening. As this shot from the show’s buoyant ”I Go to Rio” number suggests, Allen was also famous for his outrageous antics: ”Hawaiian shirts, gold tap shoes, jumping on the piano, dancing with the Rockettes.” Wolverine in a kick line? Oh ”Boy”…
(Hugh Jackman Photograph by Brian Finke)
Posted August 22 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters