Before ”Gigli” earned the title of the summer’s biggest turkey (gobble, gobble), there was From Justin to Kelly, in which Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, and Justin’s hair fall in love in Miami over spring break. The brisk musical isn’t so much an affront to humanity as it is derivative, cribbing from such works as ”Grease,” ”You’ve Got Mail,” ”Casablanca,” ”West Side Story,” ”The Women,” and the entire Annette Funicello oeuvre. Kelly’s voice, as usual, acquits itself beautifully; Justin’s hair, not so much. EXTRAS Giggly commentary from Kelly, Justin, and director Robert Iscove, as well as two additional bland songs wisely omitted from the theatrical version.
Genre: Romance, Musical; Starring: Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini; Director: Robert Iscove; Author: Kim Fuller; Release Date Wide: 06/20/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted August 26 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt