Before ”Gigli” earned the title of the summer’s biggest turkey (gobble, gobble), there was From Justin to Kelly, in which Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, and Justin’s hair fall in love in Miami over spring break. The brisk musical isn’t so much an affront to humanity as it is derivative, cribbing from such works as ”Grease,” ”You’ve Got Mail,” ”Casablanca,” ”West Side Story,” ”The Women,” and the entire Annette Funicello oeuvre. Kelly’s voice, as usual, acquits itself beautifully; Justin’s hair, not so much. EXTRAS Giggly commentary from Kelly, Justin, and director Robert Iscove, as well as two additional bland songs wisely omitted from the theatrical version.
Genre: Romance, Musical; Starring: Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini; Director: Robert Iscove; Author: Kim Fuller; Release Date Wide: 06/20/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted August 26 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- Kelly Clarkson and more top moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- Ed Sheeran: British red coat at Taylor Swift’s July 4 party
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!