Before ”Gigli” earned the title of the summer’s biggest turkey (gobble, gobble), there was From Justin to Kelly, in which Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, and Justin’s hair fall in love in Miami over spring break. The brisk musical isn’t so much an affront to humanity as it is derivative, cribbing from such works as ”Grease,” ”You’ve Got Mail,” ”Casablanca,” ”West Side Story,” ”The Women,” and the entire Annette Funicello oeuvre. Kelly’s voice, as usual, acquits itself beautifully; Justin’s hair, not so much. EXTRAS Giggly commentary from Kelly, Justin, and director Robert Iscove, as well as two additional bland songs wisely omitted from the theatrical version.
Genre: Romance, Musical; Starring: Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini; Director: Robert Iscove; Author: Kim Fuller; Release Date Wide: 06/20/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted August 26 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Blake Shelton announces 11-city 2016 tour
- The best Twitter reactions to the premiere of 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Rob Delaney and Sharon Horgan navigate parenthood in new 'Catastrophe' trailer
- The 7 best pop culture references to Felicity's shocking haircut
- A quick guide to Nobel Prize winner Svetlana Alexievich's most noteworthy work
- Todrick Hall is Lady Gaga in new fabulous mashup
- Marvel announces 'Ant-Man' sequel and its surprising title