Before ”Gigli” earned the title of the summer’s biggest turkey (gobble, gobble), there was From Justin to Kelly, in which Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, and Justin’s hair fall in love in Miami over spring break. The brisk musical isn’t so much an affront to humanity as it is derivative, cribbing from such works as ”Grease,” ”You’ve Got Mail,” ”Casablanca,” ”West Side Story,” ”The Women,” and the entire Annette Funicello oeuvre. Kelly’s voice, as usual, acquits itself beautifully; Justin’s hair, not so much. EXTRAS Giggly commentary from Kelly, Justin, and director Robert Iscove, as well as two additional bland songs wisely omitted from the theatrical version.
Genre: Romance, Musical; Starring: Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini; Director: Robert Iscove; Author: Kim Fuller; Release Date Wide: 06/20/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted August 26 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fall Out Boyz II Men perform 'Motownphilly' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 'Hamilton' creator wrote new cantina music for 'Star Wars'
- Spotify reveals most streamed artist of the year
- 5 questions from the season 2 premiere of 'Transparent'
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller