Before ”Gigli” earned the title of the summer’s biggest turkey (gobble, gobble), there was From Justin to Kelly, in which Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, and Justin’s hair fall in love in Miami over spring break. The brisk musical isn’t so much an affront to humanity as it is derivative, cribbing from such works as ”Grease,” ”You’ve Got Mail,” ”Casablanca,” ”West Side Story,” ”The Women,” and the entire Annette Funicello oeuvre. Kelly’s voice, as usual, acquits itself beautifully; Justin’s hair, not so much. EXTRAS Giggly commentary from Kelly, Justin, and director Robert Iscove, as well as two additional bland songs wisely omitted from the theatrical version.
Genre: Romance, Musical; Starring: Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini; Director: Robert Iscove; Author: Kim Fuller; Release Date Wide: 06/20/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted August 26 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters