The newly raunchy Christina Aguilera may be too ”Dirrty” for some consumers, but Skechers is hoping she’ll be less messy than rival pop tart Britney Spears. The footwear manufacturer announced that Aguilera will replace her fellow ex-Mousketeer as the company’s spokesmodel, signing her to an 18-month contract, the Associated Press reports. The firm’s endorsement contract with Spears ended with dueling lawsuits that each side filed against the other. Spears claimed Skechers used her image to market footwear she hadn’t endorsed, and Skechers countersued, accusing her of failure to cooperate with product designers and marketers, resulting in costly production delays. (The suits were settled, under undisclosed terms, last May.) Let’s just hope that, when Xtina sports the shoes in print ads, she’ll be wearing something else as well.
(Christina Aguilera: WENN/NewsCom)
Posted August 27 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to this amazing Ryn Weaver song right this second
- Box office preview: 'San Andreas' to rock the box office
- Joan Rivers exhibit coming to the Grammy Museum
- A.R. Gurney's dog-friendly 'Sylvia' headed to Broadway
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Ruth Ware's 'In a Dark, Dark Wood'
- Woman covers Eminem's 'Lose Yourself' in sign language
- First Look: NBA star Muggsy Bogues cameos on 'Royal Pains'