The newly raunchy Christina Aguilera may be too ”Dirrty” for some consumers, but Skechers is hoping she’ll be less messy than rival pop tart Britney Spears. The footwear manufacturer announced that Aguilera will replace her fellow ex-Mousketeer as the company’s spokesmodel, signing her to an 18-month contract, the Associated Press reports. The firm’s endorsement contract with Spears ended with dueling lawsuits that each side filed against the other. Spears claimed Skechers used her image to market footwear she hadn’t endorsed, and Skechers countersued, accusing her of failure to cooperate with product designers and marketers, resulting in costly production delays. (The suits were settled, under undisclosed terms, last May.) Let’s just hope that, when Xtina sports the shoes in print ads, she’ll be wearing something else as well.
(Christina Aguilera: WENN/NewsCom)
Posted August 27 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bill Cosby seeks dismissal of lawsuit
- William Shatner, Patrick Stewart on Nimoy
- Craig Ferguson to star in ABC’s comedy pilot 'The King of 7B'
- 'How to Get Away With Murder,' 'Chicago Fire,' 'Agents of SHIELD,' more fresh TV spoilers
- MTV renews 'Are You the One?,' 'The Challenge,' orders two new series
- The indomitable Big Freedia returns with a new season of 'Queen of Bounce'
- New Bruce Lee biopic announced by his family