Here’s why you’re not likely to see Adam Sandler and Cameron Diaz together in a movie any time soon: What studio could afford to pay both of them? According to the latest edition of ”Guinness World Records,” published this week, Sandler is currently Hollywood’s best-paid actor, and Diaz is filmdom’s top-earning actress. Guinness calculates that Sandler pocketed $49.5 million in 2001, while Diaz took home $42.2 million. Sandler dethrones last year’s highest-earning actor, Bruce Willis, though Willis had a much better year when he was on top; he collected $70 million in 2000. Similarly, Diaz takes the crown from Julia Roberts, whose 2000 earnings came to $21.2 million. Still, Willis and Roberts may be able to win their crowns back. Willis would have to be willing to make more pee-pee jokes. As for Roberts, maybe she just needs some new hair gel.
(Adam Sandler: Nancy Kaszerman/ZUMA Press/NewsCom)
Posted August 29 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!