Here’s why you’re not likely to see Adam Sandler and Cameron Diaz together in a movie any time soon: What studio could afford to pay both of them? According to the latest edition of ”Guinness World Records,” published this week, Sandler is currently Hollywood’s best-paid actor, and Diaz is filmdom’s top-earning actress. Guinness calculates that Sandler pocketed $49.5 million in 2001, while Diaz took home $42.2 million. Sandler dethrones last year’s highest-earning actor, Bruce Willis, though Willis had a much better year when he was on top; he collected $70 million in 2000. Similarly, Diaz takes the crown from Julia Roberts, whose 2000 earnings came to $21.2 million. Still, Willis and Roberts may be able to win their crowns back. Willis would have to be willing to make more pee-pee jokes. As for Roberts, maybe she just needs some new hair gel.
(Adam Sandler: Nancy Kaszerman/ZUMA Press/NewsCom)
Posted August 29 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum