Here’s why you’re not likely to see Adam Sandler and Cameron Diaz together in a movie any time soon: What studio could afford to pay both of them? According to the latest edition of ”Guinness World Records,” published this week, Sandler is currently Hollywood’s best-paid actor, and Diaz is filmdom’s top-earning actress. Guinness calculates that Sandler pocketed $49.5 million in 2001, while Diaz took home $42.2 million. Sandler dethrones last year’s highest-earning actor, Bruce Willis, though Willis had a much better year when he was on top; he collected $70 million in 2000. Similarly, Diaz takes the crown from Julia Roberts, whose 2000 earnings came to $21.2 million. Still, Willis and Roberts may be able to win their crowns back. Willis would have to be willing to make more pee-pee jokes. As for Roberts, maybe she just needs some new hair gel.
(Adam Sandler: Nancy Kaszerman/ZUMA Press/NewsCom)
Posted August 29 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors