She wanted out, but they keep pulling her back in. TV Guide reports that Sarah Michelle Gellar is in talks to make a couple of return visits to the Buffyverse this season on ”Angel.” Gellar, whose eagerness to quit ”Buffy the Vampire Slayer” led to the demise of that series and nearly killed spinoff ”Angel” as well, is likely to appear twice, in sweeps month episodes, either in February or May, TV Guide says. The magazine also confirms that Buffy flame Spike (James Marsters) will be a regular on ”Angel” this season, and that the crossover of characters from ”Buffy” has helped keep the WB from cancelling that show. The new ”Angel” season begins Oct. 1.
Posted September 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Scott Van Pelt on new midnight 'SportsCenter'
- See an exclusive clip from bonkers Italian horror movie spoof 'The Editor'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star James Pickens Jr. joins Twitter
- Telluride Film Festival lineup announced
- Shonda Rhimes & Viola Davis look back on that 'angry black woman' piece
- Sienna Miller's role was cut from 'Black Mass'
- Phantogram's Sarah Barthel explains her rad guest spot on Miley Cyrus' surprise album
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!