She wanted out, but they keep pulling her back in. TV Guide reports that Sarah Michelle Gellar is in talks to make a couple of return visits to the Buffyverse this season on ”Angel.” Gellar, whose eagerness to quit ”Buffy the Vampire Slayer” led to the demise of that series and nearly killed spinoff ”Angel” as well, is likely to appear twice, in sweeps month episodes, either in February or May, TV Guide says. The magazine also confirms that Buffy flame Spike (James Marsters) will be a regular on ”Angel” this season, and that the crossover of characters from ”Buffy” has helped keep the WB from cancelling that show. The new ”Angel” season begins Oct. 1.
Posted September 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!