She wanted out, but they keep pulling her back in. TV Guide reports that Sarah Michelle Gellar is in talks to make a couple of return visits to the Buffyverse this season on ”Angel.” Gellar, whose eagerness to quit ”Buffy the Vampire Slayer” led to the demise of that series and nearly killed spinoff ”Angel” as well, is likely to appear twice, in sweeps month episodes, either in February or May, TV Guide says. The magazine also confirms that Buffy flame Spike (James Marsters) will be a regular on ”Angel” this season, and that the crossover of characters from ”Buffy” has helped keep the WB from cancelling that show. The new ”Angel” season begins Oct. 1.
Posted September 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Justice League' star Jason Momoa celebrates the end of filming
- 'Avengers' star Samuel L. Jackson addresses Marvel vs. DC rivalry
- 'Aquarius' canceled: NBC axes David Duchovny series
- Lance Bass celebrates *NSYNC's 21st birthday with '90s fashion throwback pic
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' reveals first plot details
- Anna Kendrick grieves over 'Great British Baking Show' host departures
- Grumpy Cat makes Broadway debut with the cast of 'Cats'