It’s a great pleasure to be able to watch creator J.J. Abrams’ marvelous spy puzzle assemble itself over the course of its debut season, one episode after another, and to see how Jennifer Garner’s Agent Bristow comes to terms with her various loyalties – to her government, to her friends, to her neglectful father (Victor Garber). There are lots of DVD extras, including the show’s snappily edited TV promotions (a quick way for you adolescent boys to see Garner in all her various wigs, tight dresses, and spike heels). But its best feature is the commentary from three of the show’s executive producer-writers (John Eisendrath, Alex Kurtzman-Counter, and Roberto Orci) analyzing ”Q&A,” the season’s sole ”clip show,” on how much work it requires to make the show, well, make sense, and offering the endearing observation that Garber ”hates every second” of any action scene he’s in. (Seems he’d much rather sit at a desk and, y’know, act.)
Alias: The Complete First Season It's a great pleasure to be able to watch creator J.J. Abrams' marvelous spy puzzle assemble itself over the course of its debut season, one episode...Alias: The Complete First SeasonUnrated It's a great pleasure to be able to watch creator J.J. Abrams' marvelous spy puzzle assemble itself over the course of its debut season, one episode...2003-09-05
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!