It’s a great pleasure to be able to watch creator J.J. Abrams’ marvelous spy puzzle assemble itself over the course of its debut season, one episode after another, and to see how Jennifer Garner’s Agent Bristow comes to terms with her various loyalties – to her government, to her friends, to her neglectful father (Victor Garber). There are lots of DVD extras, including the show’s snappily edited TV promotions (a quick way for you adolescent boys to see Garner in all her various wigs, tight dresses, and spike heels). But its best feature is the commentary from three of the show’s executive producer-writers (John Eisendrath, Alex Kurtzman-Counter, and Roberto Orci) analyzing ”Q&A,” the season’s sole ”clip show,” on how much work it requires to make the show, well, make sense, and offering the endearing observation that Garber ”hates every second” of any action scene he’s in. (Seems he’d much rather sit at a desk and, y’know, act.)
Alias: The Complete First Season It's a great pleasure to be able to watch creator J.J. Abrams' marvelous spy puzzle assemble itself over the course of its debut season, one episode...Alias: The Complete First SeasonUnrated It's a great pleasure to be able to watch creator J.J. Abrams' marvelous spy puzzle assemble itself over the course of its debut season, one episode...2003-09-05
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted September 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!