It’s a great pleasure to be able to watch creator J.J. Abrams’ marvelous spy puzzle assemble itself over the course of its debut season, one episode after another, and to see how Jennifer Garner’s Agent Bristow comes to terms with her various loyalties – to her government, to her friends, to her neglectful father (Victor Garber). There are lots of DVD extras, including the show’s snappily edited TV promotions (a quick way for you adolescent boys to see Garner in all her various wigs, tight dresses, and spike heels). But its best feature is the commentary from three of the show’s executive producer-writers (John Eisendrath, Alex Kurtzman-Counter, and Roberto Orci) analyzing ”Q&A,” the season’s sole ”clip show,” on how much work it requires to make the show, well, make sense, and offering the endearing observation that Garber ”hates every second” of any action scene he’s in. (Seems he’d much rather sit at a desk and, y’know, act.)
Alias: The Complete First Season It's a great pleasure to be able to watch creator J.J. Abrams' marvelous spy puzzle assemble itself over the course of its debut season, one episode...Alias: The Complete First SeasonUnrated It's a great pleasure to be able to watch creator J.J. Abrams' marvelous spy puzzle assemble itself over the course of its debut season, one episode...2003-09-05
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted September 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Jem and the Holograms' first photo from fall movie
- 'Into the Woods' 'lost' Meryl Streep song: Watch the deleted scene here
- Alesso drops 'Cool' music video
- Scream Factory to release 'Mad Max' collector's edition Blu-ray
- Margot Robbie learns flip cup, beats Jimmy Fallon anyway
- Neill Blomkamp says he 'didn't make a good enough film' with 'Elysium'
- Exclusive: First look at Carly Rae Jepsen's new video, "I Really Like You"
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!