Of all the mutations evolving out of the jam scene, these Baltimore submariners may be the strangest. They’re best known for mainly instrumental, groove-science-dropping, deep-space-exploring live sets. But ”Another One Lost” finds them getting serious about songwriting, the perpetual Achilles’ heel of their noodling comrades. It’s good news they’re looking beyond the Dead/Phish axis for inspiration, and if they need to get over their Radiohead obsession, at least they’ve found a worthy cribbing source. Secret weapon: drummer Michael Lowry, whose ability to play warp-speed jungle breakbeats in real time is jaw-dropping. IPOD PEOPLE The disc comes ”supertagged” with a 30-minute instrumental MP3 that outfreaks the actual record.
Another One Lost Of all the mutations evolving out of the jam scene, these Baltimore submariners may be the strangest. They're best known for mainly instrumental, groove...Another One LostReissues Of all the mutations evolving out of the jam scene, these Baltimore submariners may be the strangest. They're best known for mainly instrumental, groove...2003-09-05
Genre: Reissues; Producer (group): Palm
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- New 'Fantastic Four' trailer has hints of Doom
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis: Now (Tribeca), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!