With a sweet whisper of a voice, melancholy yet catchy melodies, lyrics just this side of nutty, and producer Clay Jones’ eclectic soundscapes, Nashvillian naif Tywanna Jo Baskette creates an enchanting debut. Think Victoria Williams mixed with Lisa Germano and Little Orphan Annie – a combination that makes for 19 unique tracks, ranging from ”I Love Goat Cheese” (”Do they hurt your udders?”) to the most intense antismoking song ever, ”1985/1998” (the years her parents died of lung cancer).
Fancy Blue With a sweet whisper of a voice, melancholy yet catchy melodies, lyrics just this side of nutty, and producer Clay Jones' eclectic soundscapes,...Fancy Blue With a sweet whisper of a voice, melancholy yet catchy melodies, lyrics just this side of nutty, and producer Clay Jones' eclectic soundscapes,...2003-09-05
Lead Performer: Tywanna Jo Baskette; Producer (group): Sweettea, Terminus
Posted September 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!