Now that DJ music has pretty much dropped off America’s cultural radar, we’re all back at the import shops as if the ”electronica revolution” never happened. This anniversary compilation from Germany’s ground-breaking !K7 label is a reminder that the EEC is still pushing things forward, even if it sometimes needs U.S. artists (Recloose, Ursula Rucker) to do it. An ostensible history of the label, this three-disc set is long on the sort of lush, jazzy house and breakbeat tracks (Kruder & Dorfmeister, Terranova) that mark the brand. Oddly, it focuses on vocals, not always the label’s strong suit, as opposed to dubby mood-music instrumentals. But as an alternate-universe take on modern R&B, it’s an ear opener. HEY, VJ The bonus DVD features a clip for Tosca’s ”Honey” that reimagines the sticky-girl cover of the same-named Ohio Players LP as a menage a quatre. Sweet.
!K7150 Now that DJ music has pretty much dropped off America's cultural radar, we're all back at the import shops as if the ''electronica revolution'' never...!K7150 Now that DJ music has pretty much dropped off America's cultural radar, we're all back at the import shops as if the ''electronica revolution'' never...2003-09-05
Lead Performers: Recloose, Ursula Rucker, Various Artists; Producer (group): !K7
Posted September 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Broadway-bound 'SpongeBob' musical to premiering in Chicago
- 'Drunk History' season 3 scoop: Will Ferrell as Roald Dahl and more
- One Direction producer previews new 1D album: 'We're experimenting a little'
- Rachel Bilson, Autumn Reeser stage 'O.C.' reunion at 'Unauthorized O.C. Musical'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' ratings dip to still-huge numbers
- Kylie Jenner stars in Tyga's new music video for 'Stimulated'
- First Look: Lucy Lane on 'Supergirl'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!