The challenge in making a ”Simpsons” title is translating the show’s brilliant humor into fun gameplay. While previous efforts have been dreadful enough to warrant a Nelson Muntz ”Ha-ha!”, this ”Grand Theft Auto”-inspired driving game is worthy of a Bart-uttered ”Cool!” (Much credit should go to the show’s writers, who contributed original dialogue.) And if some of the missions seem repetitive, others stand out, like the one that has you confiscating copies of a particularly violent videogame (wink, wink) corrupting Springfield’s youth. This ”Simpsons” game packs more ”Whoa!” than ”D’oh!”
Posted September 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake