The challenge in making a ”Simpsons” title is translating the show’s brilliant humor into fun gameplay. While previous efforts have been dreadful enough to warrant a Nelson Muntz ”Ha-ha!”, this ”Grand Theft Auto”-inspired driving game is worthy of a Bart-uttered ”Cool!” (Much credit should go to the show’s writers, who contributed original dialogue.) And if some of the missions seem repetitive, others stand out, like the one that has you confiscating copies of a particularly violent videogame (wink, wink) corrupting Springfield’s youth. This ”Simpsons” game packs more ”Whoa!” than ”D’oh!”
Posted September 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- Jenelle Evans of 'Teen Mom 2': Arrest warrant