The challenge in making a ”Simpsons” title is translating the show’s brilliant humor into fun gameplay. While previous efforts have been dreadful enough to warrant a Nelson Muntz ”Ha-ha!”, this ”Grand Theft Auto”-inspired driving game is worthy of a Bart-uttered ”Cool!” (Much credit should go to the show’s writers, who contributed original dialogue.) And if some of the missions seem repetitive, others stand out, like the one that has you confiscating copies of a particularly violent videogame (wink, wink) corrupting Springfield’s youth. This ”Simpsons” game packs more ”Whoa!” than ”D’oh!”
Posted September 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Box office preview: 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation,' 'Vacation'
- HBO says Game of Thrones will be at least EIGHT seasons
- 'Feast' director Patrick Osborne to direct 'Battling Boy' adaptation
- 'Elementary' enlists 'The Knick' star Jeremy Bobb
- Anne Heche on her 'drop-dead gorgeous' new fashion-centric drama
- Game of Thrones season 5 coming to home video months early
- 'UnREAL' finale peek: Britney is back
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!