While every platform boasts exclusive guest characters (PS2 offers ”Tekken”’s Heihachi, and Xbox, Todd McFarlane’s Spawn), who could resist GameCube’s draw: a chance to fight with ”Zelda”’s Link, who can, among other things, mount his opponent’s back while beating him/her with his trusty sword? And though defeating Inferno in the final Arcade Stage may seem easy, it’s just a warm-up for the battles ahead in the challenging new Weapon Master Mode. With seemingly countless missions, weapons, and strategies, ”Soul Calibur II” is the latest and greatest contender in the arena of thumb-numbing fighting.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!