One learns to be wary of albums that profess to be nothing but good ol’ rock & roll; as often as not, they wind up sounding as vapid and rote as the latest nauseating prefab pop concoction. But every so often a young band comes along that’s able to work some real juju with nothing more than the rawest of materials – a Bo Diddley backbeat here, a coupla spare Stones riffs there, the wild-eyed drive of long-gone garage heroes like the Sonics elsewhere. Such a band is Mississippi’s PREACHER’S KIDS, whose new disc, WILD EMOTIONS (Get Hip), is filled with the sort of white-hot energy, go-for-broke spirit, and breathless playing that mark the most exciting rock music. Verily, Emotions is the perfect soundtrack for your next wild and out-of-control party (it also sounds swell even if you’re just sitting around smoking cigarettes and staring at the wall). Inspirational lyric: ”It’s never too late to be a dropout.”
Wild Emotions One learns to be wary of albums that profess to be nothing but good ol' rock & roll; as often as not, they wind up sounding as vapid and rote as the...Wild Emotions One learns to be wary of albums that profess to be nothing but good ol' rock & roll; as often as not, they wind up sounding as vapid and rote as the...2003-09-05
Producer (group): Get Hip
Posted September 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel