One learns to be wary of albums that profess to be nothing but good ol’ rock & roll; as often as not, they wind up sounding as vapid and rote as the latest nauseating prefab pop concoction. But every so often a young band comes along that’s able to work some real juju with nothing more than the rawest of materials – a Bo Diddley backbeat here, a coupla spare Stones riffs there, the wild-eyed drive of long-gone garage heroes like the Sonics elsewhere. Such a band is Mississippi’s PREACHER’S KIDS, whose new disc, WILD EMOTIONS (Get Hip), is filled with the sort of white-hot energy, go-for-broke spirit, and breathless playing that mark the most exciting rock music. Verily, Emotions is the perfect soundtrack for your next wild and out-of-control party (it also sounds swell even if you’re just sitting around smoking cigarettes and staring at the wall). Inspirational lyric: ”It’s never too late to be a dropout.”
Wild Emotions One learns to be wary of albums that profess to be nothing but good ol' rock & roll; as often as not, they wind up sounding as vapid and rote as the...Wild Emotions One learns to be wary of albums that profess to be nothing but good ol' rock & roll; as often as not, they wind up sounding as vapid and rote as the...2003-09-05
Producer (group): Get Hip
Posted September 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Caitlyn Jenner's mother says 'she's beautiful'
- St. Vincent OK after fall off speakers
- Eddie Redmayne set for 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Justice Department ramps up its investigation of theater chains
- Tracy Morgan: 'I ain't never going to take life for granted no more'
- Iggy Azalea on why she canceled tour
- 'Big Trouble in Little China' for The Rock?
- 18 CBS star portraits from summer/fall shows
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Charlize & Seth, Alessandro & Bradley, Gwen Stefani and More!