One learns to be wary of albums that profess to be nothing but good ol’ rock & roll; as often as not, they wind up sounding as vapid and rote as the latest nauseating prefab pop concoction. But every so often a young band comes along that’s able to work some real juju with nothing more than the rawest of materials – a Bo Diddley backbeat here, a coupla spare Stones riffs there, the wild-eyed drive of long-gone garage heroes like the Sonics elsewhere. Such a band is Mississippi’s PREACHER’S KIDS, whose new disc, WILD EMOTIONS (Get Hip), is filled with the sort of white-hot energy, go-for-broke spirit, and breathless playing that mark the most exciting rock music. Verily, Emotions is the perfect soundtrack for your next wild and out-of-control party (it also sounds swell even if you’re just sitting around smoking cigarettes and staring at the wall). Inspirational lyric: ”It’s never too late to be a dropout.”
Wild Emotions One learns to be wary of albums that profess to be nothing but good ol' rock & roll; as often as not, they wind up sounding as vapid and rote as the...Wild Emotions One learns to be wary of albums that profess to be nothing but good ol' rock & roll; as often as not, they wind up sounding as vapid and rote as the...2003-09-05
Producer (group): Get Hip
Posted September 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Tom Cruise & Jimmy Fallon recreate 'Top Gun' during epic lip-sync battle
- Kaitlyn Bristowe tries on wedding dresses with Jimmy Kimmel
- See Meghan Trainor drawn as a 'Peanuts' character
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!