Talk about a sucker punch. When overly eager agent Josh Klein, 26, tried to lure actor Mark Wahlberg away from his current reps, the two agreed to an unorthodox negotiation: If Klein could last three minutes in the boxing ring with Wahlberg (right), the Italian Job star would ditch his agents at Endeavor and sign with his buddy Klein at United Talent Agency. One witness says Klein should have thrown in the towel as soon as he laid eyes on the shirtless Wahlberg, who hosted the Aug. 25 match in his own ring (the actor has a full gym in his L.A. home). ”Mark is big,” says the witness. ”I don’t know if I would have gotten in the ring if I were in my car.” Still, Klein, who weighs about 40 pounds less than Wahlberg, strapped on the head-gear and came out swinging. Not that it mattered; Klein barely got a punch in before Wahlberg knocked him down three times. ”The last one was to the chest,” the witness says. ”Josh let out a squealing noise.” Though he lasted only a minute, Klein got a lifetime of respect from UTA. (”We obviously don’t condone the pugilism, but at least he didn’t chicken out,” said an agency spokesman.) As for Wahlberg, who couldn’t be reached for comment, he hasn’t signed with Klein – yet.
Posted September 12 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday