Talk about a sucker punch. When overly eager agent Josh Klein, 26, tried to lure actor Mark Wahlberg away from his current reps, the two agreed to an unorthodox negotiation: If Klein could last three minutes in the boxing ring with Wahlberg (right), the Italian Job star would ditch his agents at Endeavor and sign with his buddy Klein at United Talent Agency. One witness says Klein should have thrown in the towel as soon as he laid eyes on the shirtless Wahlberg, who hosted the Aug. 25 match in his own ring (the actor has a full gym in his L.A. home). ”Mark is big,” says the witness. ”I don’t know if I would have gotten in the ring if I were in my car.” Still, Klein, who weighs about 40 pounds less than Wahlberg, strapped on the head-gear and came out swinging. Not that it mattered; Klein barely got a punch in before Wahlberg knocked him down three times. ”The last one was to the chest,” the witness says. ”Josh let out a squealing noise.” Though he lasted only a minute, Klein got a lifetime of respect from UTA. (”We obviously don’t condone the pugilism, but at least he didn’t chicken out,” said an agency spokesman.) As for Wahlberg, who couldn’t be reached for comment, he hasn’t signed with Klein – yet.
Posted September 12 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Sharon Osbourne takes 'Talk' break
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos on Olsens' 'Fuller House' nix
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- 'Mr. Holmes': Doyle estate sues
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!