Eckhart, Swank, Stanley Tucci, Delroy Lindo, Bruce Greenwood, and Tcheky Karyo are a mishmash of eggheads enlisted to go on an intermittently exciting voyage to save the world from the inside. (See, the earth’s core has stopped rotating and…oh, whatever.) Film professors need look no further for a prime example of fine actors stuck in a silly movie. Pity the students who’ll have to watch it. EXTRAS In the uneventful commentary track, director Jon Amiel spends more time hinting that he put a flying fish in the birds-go-nuts-in-Trafalgar-Square sequence than he does explaining his questionable choice to flatten Rome and San Francisco in a post-9/11 movie. As consolation, during a scene in which the space shuttle crash-lands, he offers an honorable tribute to the astronauts lost in the Columbia tragedy.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Hilary Swank, Bruce Greenwood, Delroy Lindo, D.J. Qualls, Tcheky Karyo, Stanley Tucci, Alfre Woodard; Director: Jon Amiel; Author: Sean Bailey, Cooper Layne, Mark Medoff, John Rogers; Producer (group): Paramount Pictures; Release Date Wide: 03/28/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 135; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted September 12 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- R.E.M. to reissue 'Out of Time' for 25th anniversary
- 'Stranger Things' star sings Amy Winehouse in throwback video
- Katy Perry sends sympathy to 'Catfish' victim: 'My heart goes out to him'
- Kate Beckinsale stars in exclusive 'The Disappointments Room' photos
- 'Intouchables' remake with Kevin Hart, Bryan Cranston nabs director
- Sarah Jessica Parker cuts ties with EpiPen maker over price hike
- 'Black-ish' star Marsai Martin cast as lead in 'American Girl' movie