Bend It Like Beckham’s Parminder Nagra and Scooby-Doo’s Linda Cardellini join County General’s staff as Indian-born medical student Neela Rasgotra and single-mom nurse Samantha Taggart. But we won’t learn much about their personal lives, since the drama will turn its focus more toward medicine (like Bob Newhart’s guest run as an architect who’s losing his vision). According to coexec producer Dee Johnson, the all-work-and-no-play rule won’t apply to Dr. Corday (Alex Kingston), who’ll “finally come up for air and put some distance between her and Greene’s death.” Adds consulting producer Christopher Chulack, “She’s going to have a little bit of fun.” The atmosphere will also lighten between Carter (Noah Wyle) and Kovac (Goran Visnjic) after their trip to Africa. “We’re going to see a development of friendship,” says Visnjic. But losing use of an arm hasn’t turned Romano (Paul McCrane) into a nice guy. “He’ll be in conflict with just about everybody,” says Johnson. “Nobody is safe.” (Sept. 25)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Barbra Streisand reunites Robert Redford with Chaplin Award
- Muse releases eerie new video for 'Dead Inside'
- Stream Phoebe Bridgers and Daniel Clarke's new Pax-Am 7-Inch Series releases
- 'Hunger Games' star responds to Baltimore riots
- Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard look fair and foul in 'Macbeth'
- Courteney Cox hints this 'Friends' cast member always 'flakes' on reunions