Bend It Like Beckham’s Parminder Nagra and Scooby-Doo’s Linda Cardellini join County General’s staff as Indian-born medical student Neela Rasgotra and single-mom nurse Samantha Taggart. But we won’t learn much about their personal lives, since the drama will turn its focus more toward medicine (like Bob Newhart’s guest run as an architect who’s losing his vision). According to coexec producer Dee Johnson, the all-work-and-no-play rule won’t apply to Dr. Corday (Alex Kingston), who’ll “finally come up for air and put some distance between her and Greene’s death.” Adds consulting producer Christopher Chulack, “She’s going to have a little bit of fun.” The atmosphere will also lighten between Carter (Noah Wyle) and Kovac (Goran Visnjic) after their trip to Africa. “We’re going to see a development of friendship,” says Visnjic. But losing use of an arm hasn’t turned Romano (Paul McCrane) into a nice guy. “He’ll be in conflict with just about everybody,” says Johnson. “Nobody is safe.” (Sept. 25)
Posted September 12 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!