Something must have kept soul-pop perfectionist Seal busy in the five years since 1998’s ”Human Being” – but self-reinvention evidently wasn’t on the to-do list. He and producer Trevor Horn surprise occasionally – galvanic breakbeat-plus-guitar backing lifts the infectious should-be first single ”My Vision.” But with its layers of synthesized strings and all-too-tasteful ”dance” grooves to which no one would actually dance, much of Seal sounds dated and tepid – it’s as if its creator has been, um, sealed off from all influences except his own records.
Lead Performer: Seal; Producer (group): Warner Bros.
Posted September 12 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Marvel’s 'Jessica Jones' casts 'Grey’s Anatomy' alum Rachael Taylor
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE drops Gavin DeGraw collaboration 'Brother'—exclusive premiere
- Elena of Avalor will be Disney's first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters