Was that smooch the kiss of death? Madonna’s passing of the video-vixen tongue to Britney Spears sucked the life out of MTV’s 20th Video Music Awards. Aug. 28’s event had guests awaiting the after-parties: ”I’m going to do what I’m supposed to do,” growled DMX, ”then I’m out.” Still, there were notable moments. Coldplay landed three Moonmen, while everyone from Justin Timberlake to Method Man paid homage to hospitalized nominee Johnny Cash, who cashed in for cinematography. Missy Elliott, who went in 0 for 23 as a vocalist, shook the Susan Lucci curse with two wins for ”Work It.” ”All of [Missy’s] videos deserve an award,” said Beyonce, whose ”Crazy in Love” scored a hat trick. At least they’ll remember the ‘03 VMAs as more than just a kiss.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Nick Arcade' creators reunite for new game show on Kickstarter
- 'Criminal Minds' finale sneak peek: Will the BAU find Kate's daughter?
- 'Once Upon a Time' finale first look: Who's going to die?
- Chipotle essay contest for students lets winners get published -- on Chipotle cups
- Mariah Carey to perform at 2015 Billboard Music Awards
- Kygo turns Tove Lo's 'Habits (Stay High)' into the piano ballad you need
- Tegan and Sara, F--ked Up, and more join indie rock video game
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!