It’s enough to make a girl depressed. Three years after it was filmed, ”Prozac Nation” still hasn’t hit U.S. theaters (although it did recently open in director Erik Skjoldbjaerg’s native Norway). ”We’re in the process of determining a release date,” a Miramax spokeswoman explains cryptically. ”I’m resigned to it,” says Christina Ricci, who coproduced and stars in the adaptation of Elizabeth Wurtzel’s 1994 psychopharmacological memoir. Jason Biggs, who costars as Ricci’s boyfriend, offers one reason for the movie’s delay: ”I just don’t know that the center of the story is a very endearing and likable character.” At least the project warmed up Biggs and Ricci for their love scenes in Woody Allen’s upcoming comedy, ”Anything Else.” According to Ricci, ”all the sex stuff was really easy and comfortable for us.” Who says Prozac decreases your libido?
Posted September 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!