No one can deny the iconic images in Leni Riefenstahl’s Hitler-supported documentaries Triumph of the Will (1935) and Olympia (1938) were cinematically innovative – and morally indefensible. But the German director, who died at 101 on Sept. 8, claimed ignorance of the Holocaust until after WWII. Jodie Foster tried to develop a biopic, but the subject balked: ”Jodie’s not beautiful enough to play me.” Beauty and ugliness have never coexisted so closely.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo