Holy shinizzle! Jamie Kennedy’s parody of suburban teens afflicted with ”gangstaphrenia” makes for a more original comedy than one expects from TV-born skits. Wannabe rapper B-Rad (Kennedy, playing a character from his own WB show, The Jamie Kennedy Experiment) embarrasses his politician father (Ryan O’Neal). So Dad’s campaign manager (Blair Underwood) hires two effete actors (Diggs and Anthony Anderson) for a kidnapping scheme that turns unexpectedly real. The formulaoddball longs for acceptance has been done, but the cast’s enthusiasm, and the filmmakers’ creative restraint (check out the 11 wisely deleted scenes), keep ”Wanted” alive. EXTRAS The commentary asserts that the rap battle scene was written pre-Eminem’s ”8 Mile”, not that it appears any fresher.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jamie Kennedy, Anthony Anderson, Bo Derek, Taye Diggs, Regina Hall, Ryan O'Neal, Nick Swardson, Blair Underwood; Director: John Whitesell; Author: Nick Swardson; Release Date Wide: 04/18/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 86; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted September 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Wildest Dreams' director responds to allegations of colonialism in Taylor Swift video
- How the new Oscar producers plan to change the show (and make it shorter)
- 'Batmetal Returns' to cover Dethklok, and destroy some of your favorite cartoon characters
- Cute 10-year-old girl stymies NFL stars with great questions
- Ansel Elgort to star in '80s CIA drama 'Code Name Veil'
- 'Concussion' director hits back at NYT 'hatchet-job'
- 'The 100' boss shares sneak peek at Clarke's new look
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!