It’s glorious, like an angel’s sparklin’ loogie.” I wouldn’t borrow that phrase to praise this entire film about redneck Ronnie (Cross), whose ”talent” for getting arrested attracts a British TV producer (Odenkirk). But then neither would its ”Mr. Show” stars/writers, who’ve publicly encouraged even the ravenous not to buy. The story is somewhat stale – ripping on reality TV is so 2000, when this movie was shot – but it does boast some genius kitsch (Mandy Patinkin rehearses a tearjerker from ”Ronnie Dobbs: The Musical”). EXTRAS A well-cut trailer makes you think Ronnie could’ve been an A. A few one-note alternate/deleted scenes remind you why it’s just a C+.
Run Ronnie Run! It's glorious, like an angel's sparklin' loogie.'' I wouldn't borrow that phrase to praise this entire film about redneck Ronnie (Cross), whose '...Run Ronnie Run!ComedyScott Aukerman, B.J. Porter, Brian PosehnPT87MR It's glorious, like an angel's sparklin' loogie.'' I wouldn't borrow that phrase to praise this entire film about redneck Ronnie (Cross), whose '...2003-09-19Andy Richter
Genre: Comedy; Starring: David Cross, Bob Odenkirk, Andy Richter; Director: Troy Miller; Author: Scott Aukerman, B.J. Porter, Brian Posehn; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: R
Posted September 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!