L.A. talent agent Angela Toussaint is struggling to rebuild her life after her teen son’s mysterious suicide during a family stay at her late grandmother’s house in rural Sacajawea, Wash. Returning to the mansion, she stumbles upon an evil force that seems responsible for a string of local suicides and murders. House casts its spell by interweaving Angela’s personal quest to understand her family’s past with her battle to save the small town from supernatural destruction. Only one problem: Her relationships, particularly her rekindled romance with a high school boyfriend, are so real and engaging that the magical elements seem intrusive and, at times, silly.
The Good House L.A. talent agent Angela Toussaint is struggling to rebuild her life after her teen son's mysterious suicide during a family stay at her late...The Good HouseFictionTananarive Due L.A. talent agent Angela Toussaint is struggling to rebuild her life after her teen son's mysterious suicide during a family stay at her late...2003-09-19
Genre: Fiction; Author: Tananarive Due
Posted September 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!