Forget comparisons to Billie or Chaka – that craggy-yet-smooth croon is Erykah Badu’s own. Little here on Worldwide Underground matches the impact of ”Danger,” with its simple piano figure and snatches of a fake 911 call. Still, most of this succeeds: ”Love of My Life Worldwide” (with Queen Latifah) neatly reconfigures the Sugar Hill sound, and ”Back in the Day” (with Lenny Kravitz on guitar) rides high on a strong backbeat.
Worldwide UndergroundForget comparisons to Billie or Chaka -- that craggy-yet-smooth croon is Erykah Badu's own. Little here on Worldwide Underground matches the...Worldwide UndergroundR&BForget comparisons to Billie or Chaka -- that craggy-yet-smooth croon is Erykah Badu's own. Little here on Worldwide Underground matches the...2003-09-19
(Erykah Badu: Arnold Turner/WireImage.com)
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Erykah Badu; Producer (group): Motown Records
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'