Forget comparisons to Billie or Chaka – that craggy-yet-smooth croon is Erykah Badu’s own. Little here on Worldwide Underground matches the impact of ”Danger,” with its simple piano figure and snatches of a fake 911 call. Still, most of this succeeds: ”Love of My Life Worldwide” (with Queen Latifah) neatly reconfigures the Sugar Hill sound, and ”Back in the Day” (with Lenny Kravitz on guitar) rides high on a strong backbeat.
Worldwide UndergroundForget comparisons to Billie or Chaka -- that craggy-yet-smooth croon is Erykah Badu's own. Little here on Worldwide Underground matches the...Worldwide UndergroundR&BForget comparisons to Billie or Chaka -- that craggy-yet-smooth croon is Erykah Badu's own. Little here on Worldwide Underground matches the...2003-09-19
(Erykah Badu: Arnold Turner/WireImage.com)
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Erykah Badu; Producer (group): Motown Records
Posted September 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton
- Chloë Grace Moretz urges millennials to vote Hillary at DNC