Forget comparisons to Billie or Chaka – that craggy-yet-smooth croon is Erykah Badu’s own. Little here on Worldwide Underground matches the impact of ”Danger,” with its simple piano figure and snatches of a fake 911 call. Still, most of this succeeds: ”Love of My Life Worldwide” (with Queen Latifah) neatly reconfigures the Sugar Hill sound, and ”Back in the Day” (with Lenny Kravitz on guitar) rides high on a strong backbeat.
Worldwide UndergroundForget comparisons to Billie or Chaka -- that craggy-yet-smooth croon is Erykah Badu's own. Little here on Worldwide Underground matches the...Worldwide UndergroundR&BForget comparisons to Billie or Chaka -- that craggy-yet-smooth croon is Erykah Badu's own. Little here on Worldwide Underground matches the...2003-09-19
(Erykah Badu: Arnold Turner/WireImage.com)
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Erykah Badu; Producer (group): Motown Records
Posted September 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Let's rank the 'Mission: Impossible' movies
- Guess which celebrities wrote these children's books
- J.K. Rowling thanks fans for birthday wishes and support
- Here’s how Neville Longbottom wished J.K. Rowling a Happy Birthday
- The time J.J. Abrams broke his back trying to help Harrison Ford
- Are you smarter than a Whoopi Goldberg impersonator?
- 50 things we love about J.K. Rowling for her 50th birthday
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!