Forget comparisons to Billie or Chaka – that craggy-yet-smooth croon is Erykah Badu’s own. Little here on Worldwide Underground matches the impact of ”Danger,” with its simple piano figure and snatches of a fake 911 call. Still, most of this succeeds: ”Love of My Life Worldwide” (with Queen Latifah) neatly reconfigures the Sugar Hill sound, and ”Back in the Day” (with Lenny Kravitz on guitar) rides high on a strong backbeat.
Worldwide UndergroundForget comparisons to Billie or Chaka -- that craggy-yet-smooth croon is Erykah Badu's own. Little here on Worldwide Underground matches the...Worldwide UndergroundR&BForget comparisons to Billie or Chaka -- that craggy-yet-smooth croon is Erykah Badu's own. Little here on Worldwide Underground matches the...2003-09-19
(Erykah Badu: Arnold Turner/WireImage.com)
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Erykah Badu; Producer (group): Motown Records
Posted September 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney in London to play a Beatles classic: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- J.K. Rowling cheers Ireland's gay wed vote
- John Nash, 'A Beautiful Mind' subject, dies
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!