Britney Spears will come face to face in November with the one artist who might make her feel like a grizzled veteran: 15-year-old Hilary Duff. The two artists will both be among the performers at the 31st annual American Music Awards, airing Nov. 16 on ABC. Also performing will be Alan Jackson, Metallica, and Ashanti, according to a network press release. Jimmy Kimmel, who hosts ABC’s ”Jimmy Kimmel Live,” will host the event. A wide field of musicians led the nominations for the awards; among those with at least two nods are Justin Timberlake, Kid Rock, Norah Jones, Celine Dion, Luther Vandross, R. Kelly, Beyoncé, Shania Twain, Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, 50 Cent, Missy Elliott, and Sean Paul. Winners will be selected through a poll of 20,000 fans – so start sitting by your phone now.
(Britney Spears: Peter Kramer/StarMax/Newscom)
Posted September 22 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ed Helms rescues Bear Grylls on 'Running Wild' (well, sort of)
- 'Daily Show' producers on Jon Stewart's last show: 'Donald Trump is not coming on'
- Drew Pearce offers update on future 'Ghostbusters' project
- A quick guide to the different versions of 'Holiday Road' in 'Vacation'
- Amazon signs 'Top Gear' trio for new show
- Amy Sedaris lends Jimmy Fallon a helping hand while his finger heals
- #NewHarryPotterBooks we'd actually want to read
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!