Britney Spears will come face to face in November with the one artist who might make her feel like a grizzled veteran: 15-year-old Hilary Duff. The two artists will both be among the performers at the 31st annual American Music Awards, airing Nov. 16 on ABC. Also performing will be Alan Jackson, Metallica, and Ashanti, according to a network press release. Jimmy Kimmel, who hosts ABC’s ”Jimmy Kimmel Live,” will host the event. A wide field of musicians led the nominations for the awards; among those with at least two nods are Justin Timberlake, Kid Rock, Norah Jones, Celine Dion, Luther Vandross, R. Kelly, Beyoncé, Shania Twain, Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, 50 Cent, Missy Elliott, and Sean Paul. Winners will be selected through a poll of 20,000 fans – so start sitting by your phone now.
(Britney Spears: Peter Kramer/StarMax/Newscom)
Posted September 22 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Downton Abbey' producer breaks down the season finale's biggest surprises
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's about Emma and more
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit