Britney Spears will come face to face in November with the one artist who might make her feel like a grizzled veteran: 15-year-old Hilary Duff. The two artists will both be among the performers at the 31st annual American Music Awards, airing Nov. 16 on ABC. Also performing will be Alan Jackson, Metallica, and Ashanti, according to a network press release. Jimmy Kimmel, who hosts ABC’s ”Jimmy Kimmel Live,” will host the event. A wide field of musicians led the nominations for the awards; among those with at least two nods are Justin Timberlake, Kid Rock, Norah Jones, Celine Dion, Luther Vandross, R. Kelly, Beyoncé, Shania Twain, Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, 50 Cent, Missy Elliott, and Sean Paul. Winners will be selected through a poll of 20,000 fans – so start sitting by your phone now.
(Britney Spears: Peter Kramer/StarMax/Newscom)
Posted September 22 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter' set to open at Universal Studios Hollywood
- 'Dames at Sea' to dock on Broadway in Fall 2015
- Here's the list of performers for the 2015 CMT Music Awards (so far)
- Kurt Wimmer to develop scripted series with Spike
- Grateful Dead announce gargantuan 80-disc box set '30 Trips Around The Sun'
- Watch the first trailer for Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
- 'Childrens Hospital' renewed for season 7
Stormtrooper snow angels? Superhero graffiti war? Daniel Picard's 'Figure Fantasy' photos play with pop culture