Britney Spears will come face to face in November with the one artist who might make her feel like a grizzled veteran: 15-year-old Hilary Duff. The two artists will both be among the performers at the 31st annual American Music Awards, airing Nov. 16 on ABC. Also performing will be Alan Jackson, Metallica, and Ashanti, according to a network press release. Jimmy Kimmel, who hosts ABC’s ”Jimmy Kimmel Live,” will host the event. A wide field of musicians led the nominations for the awards; among those with at least two nods are Justin Timberlake, Kid Rock, Norah Jones, Celine Dion, Luther Vandross, R. Kelly, Beyoncé, Shania Twain, Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, 50 Cent, Missy Elliott, and Sean Paul. Winners will be selected through a poll of 20,000 fans – so start sitting by your phone now.
(Britney Spears: Peter Kramer/StarMax/Newscom)
Posted September 22 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Sylvester Stallone become Rocky in this ultimate training montage
- See Po uncover the Secret Panda Village in new 'Kung Fu Panda 3' clip
- Setsuko Hara, Japanese screen legend, dies at 95
- Bryan Cranston moved to tears while discussing pivotal 'Breaking Bad' scene
- See photos from 'Arrow'-'The Flash' crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Jon Favreau's 'Chef' is going Bollywood
- Eagles of Death Metal discuss Paris attacks in moving interview
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year