Emmy losers Matt LeBlanc and Sarah Jessica Parker got a consolation prize ? along with other presenters, they received a gift bag worth $30,000, according to the Associated Press. The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences called the bags a ”generous thank you,” and they weren’t kidding. Among the prizes inside were a mattress (well, presumably a gift certificate for one), a DVD player, a watch, and a cellular phone. Attendees also got gift certificates for a dinner party, trips to various spas and resorts, and a year’s worth of makeup. With all the kissing going on at the ceremony, let’s hope any lipstick included was smudge-proof.
Posted September 22 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters