”Underworld” is the sort of movie in which the head vampire telegraphs his evil by using a cell phone and dressing like the Kinks’ Ray Davies in the early ’80s. There are a few startling transformations, but mostly the battle between vampires and lycans is used as a heavy metaphor for racial discord. By the end, I was starting to ponder questions like, If a vampire mates with a lycan-vamp hybrid, which parent will have to convert?
Starring: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Speedman; Starring: Wentworth Miller, Bill Nighy, Michael Sheen; Director: Len Wiseman; Author: Danny McBride; Release Date Wide: 09/19/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 121; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- Jenelle Evans of 'Teen Mom 2': Arrest warrant