”Underworld” is the sort of movie in which the head vampire telegraphs his evil by using a cell phone and dressing like the Kinks’ Ray Davies in the early ’80s. There are a few startling transformations, but mostly the battle between vampires and lycans is used as a heavy metaphor for racial discord. By the end, I was starting to ponder questions like, If a vampire mates with a lycan-vamp hybrid, which parent will have to convert?
Starring: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Speedman; Starring: Wentworth Miller, Bill Nighy, Michael Sheen; Director: Len Wiseman; Author: Danny McBride; Release Date Wide: 09/19/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 121; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake
- Justin Bieber ordered to report for deposition or face arrest