”Underworld” is the sort of movie in which the head vampire telegraphs his evil by using a cell phone and dressing like the Kinks’ Ray Davies in the early ’80s. There are a few startling transformations, but mostly the battle between vampires and lycans is used as a heavy metaphor for racial discord. By the end, I was starting to ponder questions like, If a vampire mates with a lycan-vamp hybrid, which parent will have to convert?
Starring: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Speedman; Starring: Wentworth Miller, Bill Nighy, Michael Sheen; Director: Len Wiseman; Author: Danny McBride; Release Date Wide: 09/19/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 121; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Slash play the national anthem with USC's marching band
- The Doctor goes home in 'Doctor Who' season 9 finale promo
- Michael B. Jordan says he’d love to make a 'Creed' sequel
- Sutton Foster keeps up her double life in 'Younger' season 2 trailer
- Mary-Kate Olsen marries Olivier Sarkozy: Report
- British royals share adorable new photos of Princess Charlotte
- See Britney Spears dance to Adele's 'Hello'