”Underworld” is the sort of movie in which the head vampire telegraphs his evil by using a cell phone and dressing like the Kinks’ Ray Davies in the early ’80s. There are a few startling transformations, but mostly the battle between vampires and lycans is used as a heavy metaphor for racial discord. By the end, I was starting to ponder questions like, If a vampire mates with a lycan-vamp hybrid, which parent will have to convert?
Starring: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Speedman; Starring: Wentworth Miller, Bill Nighy, Michael Sheen; Director: Len Wiseman; Author: Danny McBride; Release Date Wide: 09/19/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 121; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ranking every song on Pearl Jam's 'Ten'
- Barbra Streisand and Jimmy Fallon yell at Siri
- Young Thug name checks Harambe, Kanye West in first project as Jeffery
- Kerry Washington sees the horror in group texts
- Barbra Streisand duets with 'Donald Trump' on 'The Tonight Show'
- What to Watch This Weekend: Find out who did what on 'The Night Of'
- Tim Kaine rocks the harmonica on 'The Late Show'