”Underworld” is the sort of movie in which the head vampire telegraphs his evil by using a cell phone and dressing like the Kinks’ Ray Davies in the early ’80s. There are a few startling transformations, but mostly the battle between vampires and lycans is used as a heavy metaphor for racial discord. By the end, I was starting to ponder questions like, If a vampire mates with a lycan-vamp hybrid, which parent will have to convert?
Starring: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Speedman; Starring: Wentworth Miller, Bill Nighy, Michael Sheen; Director: Len Wiseman; Author: Danny McBride; Release Date Wide: 09/19/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 121; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Power': Actress Lela Loren explains how wild scenes were shot
- Justin Timberlake is still doing the Carlton at golf tournaments
- 'The Magicians' season 2: See the premiere's first scene
- Comic-Con: See photos from the Harley Quinn costume contest
- 16 can't-miss Comic-Con Boomerangs from EW's Instagram account
- '24: Legacy' exists in same Jack Bauer universe
- 'Sherlock' Comic-Con panel reveals three key names to tease season 4