There was a time – oh, let’s call it annus Bowfingerus – when Eddie Murphy seemed to have found a balance between popular but tepid family fare and showcases for his brilliant comic mind. Now, four years later, we come to ”Daddy Day Care”, in which Murphy plays a laid-off father who solves his financial and babysitting woes in one fell swoop. It’s not a bad movie, nor is it a good one. Rather, it’s the very definition of a white-noise film: one that you can turn away from for any stretch of time and return to without fear of having missed anything crucial. EXTRAS There’s a cute-enough CGI flick about tadpoles for the kids, but the advertised ”bloopers” are nothing but a replay of the film’s closing credits.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Eddie Murphy, Jeff Garlin, Anjelica Huston, Regina King, Steve Zahn; Director: Steve Carr; Author: Geoff Rodkey; Producer (person): John Davis; Release Date Wide: 05/09/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Revolution Studios
Posted September 26 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- See a peculiar teaser for 'Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's who's returning to 'Nashville' in season 4 ...
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath' introduces a gay hero to the galaxy
- 'Castle' books 'The O.C.' star in season 8
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!