There was a time – oh, let’s call it annus Bowfingerus – when Eddie Murphy seemed to have found a balance between popular but tepid family fare and showcases for his brilliant comic mind. Now, four years later, we come to ”Daddy Day Care”, in which Murphy plays a laid-off father who solves his financial and babysitting woes in one fell swoop. It’s not a bad movie, nor is it a good one. Rather, it’s the very definition of a white-noise film: one that you can turn away from for any stretch of time and return to without fear of having missed anything crucial. EXTRAS There’s a cute-enough CGI flick about tadpoles for the kids, but the advertised ”bloopers” are nothing but a replay of the film’s closing credits.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Eddie Murphy, Jeff Garlin, Anjelica Huston, Regina King, Steve Zahn; Director: Steve Carr; Author: Geoff Rodkey; Producer (person): John Davis; Release Date Wide: 05/09/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Revolution Studios
Posted September 26 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- Lee Daniels goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- 'Doctor Who' is headed to theaters in September
- Aziz Ansari's Netflix comedy snags Claire Danes and more
- Harris Wittels' cause of death confirmed to be accidental overdose
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!