There was a time – oh, let’s call it annus Bowfingerus – when Eddie Murphy seemed to have found a balance between popular but tepid family fare and showcases for his brilliant comic mind. Now, four years later, we come to ”Daddy Day Care”, in which Murphy plays a laid-off father who solves his financial and babysitting woes in one fell swoop. It’s not a bad movie, nor is it a good one. Rather, it’s the very definition of a white-noise film: one that you can turn away from for any stretch of time and return to without fear of having missed anything crucial. EXTRAS There’s a cute-enough CGI flick about tadpoles for the kids, but the advertised ”bloopers” are nothing but a replay of the film’s closing credits.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Eddie Murphy, Jeff Garlin, Anjelica Huston, Regina King, Steve Zahn; Director: Steve Carr; Author: Geoff Rodkey; Producer (person): John Davis; Release Date Wide: 05/09/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Revolution Studios
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Outlander' postmortem: EP Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on sexy, surreal season premiere
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany on season premiere choking and spanking
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!