MOVIES Only Suge Knight can play Suge Knight! Right, Sylvester Stallone? Sly tells us Knight will play himself in Rampart Scandal, the movie about the unsolved murders of Tupac Shakur and the Notorious B.I.G. that Stallone is writing, directing, and starring in. ”I thought if you’re ever going to do [a movie about] the scandal, you would really have to get some of the real players in there to give it some validity,” says Stallone. And it’s awfully sporting of Knight, considering he’s been implicated in both deaths (despite his denials); yet the movie will give Knight the opportunity to answer questions ”the audience would probably want to know – that no one ever asked, if you know what I mean,” says Sly, slyly. Meanwhile, Stallone will portray ex – LAPD cop Russell Poole, the murders’ dogged investigator. ”He pursues this at the cost of his own career. So a lot of people think, was he a little over the top?” Did Sly just say Over the Top? Meet me halfway – across the sky!… Speaking of Kenny Loggins, Tom Cruise may ride into the Danger Zone again as the first American WWII flyboy killed in combat against the Germans in The Few, directed by Michael Mann…. Give Gisele Bundchen all your money NOW, homes! The Brazilian bombshell is making no secret of her plan to play the ringleader of a bunch of bank robbers in Taxi, the comedy teaming Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah…. Drew Barrymore (The Amy Fisher Story) wants to go to Date School. She’ll play a lady who turns to a dating teacher for help in finding a mate. It would be off the hook if she and her dating teach ended up falling in love.
Posted September 26 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?