From the man who brought you ”Tuesdays With Morrie” comes another trite-and-true primer on how to live, this time a simpleminded and shamelessly sentimental novel. Eddie, an 83-year-old amusement-park maintenance man, dies in a freak accident while trying to save a child from being crushed under a malfunctioning ride. He promptly ascends to heaven and runs into five people, including his dead wife, a Filipino girl, and an elderly woman in old-fashioned clothes, who help him make sense of his ”ordinary” life. Here’s what he learns: We’re all connected, we’re all special, and ”strangers are just family you have yet to come to know.” Given Albom’s track record, this skinny little book may become a runaway hit. It’s still profoundly icky.
The Five People You Meet In Heaven From the man who brought you ''Tuesdays With Morrie'' comes another trite-and-true primer on how to live, this time a simpleminded and shamelessly...The Five People You Meet In HeavenFictionMitch Albom From the man who brought you ''Tuesdays With Morrie'' comes another trite-and-true primer on how to live, this time a simpleminded and shamelessly...2003-09-26Hyperion
Genre: Fiction; Author: Mitch Albom; Publisher: Hyperion
Posted September 26 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Melissa McCarthy and Paul Feig get batty in 'Spy' Blu-ray clip
- Ellen Pompeo: 'Grey's Anatomy' doesn't need McDreamy
- Tom Hardy brought his dog to the premiere of 'Legend'
- Just how well do you know 'Xena: Warrior Princess'?
- A-trak looks back on Fool's Gold Day Off's 5th birthday
- Jimmy Kimmel makes peace with gamers after week-long feud
- Joan Rivers remembered during special episode of 'Fashion Police'
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!