The singer who painted her masterpiece with 2000’s ”I Am Shelby Lynne” squandered a lot of goodwill with an overwrought follow-up, but she’ll win it back with ”Identity Crisis.” Lynne is so in her element with this self-produced, mostly self-performed, largely acoustic set of folk-soul that you have to believe the title’s a deliberate misnomer. There’s variety in ”Crisis”’ intimacy, from the gospel blues of ”10 Rocks” to the Patsy homage ”Lonesome,” though Lynne’s at her hear-a-pin-drop best assaying the moment when emotional masochism reaches its limits in ”I Don’t Think So.”
Identity Crisis The singer who painted her masterpiece with 2000's ''I Am Shelby Lynne'' squandered a lot of goodwill with an overwrought follow-up, but she'll win it...Identity Crisis The singer who painted her masterpiece with 2000's ''I Am Shelby Lynne'' squandered a lot of goodwill with an overwrought follow-up, but she'll win it...2003-09-26
Lead Performer: Shelby Lynne; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted September 26 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- 'Scandal' stars tour the White House ahead of Correspondents' Dinner
- Paul Rudd had a fanboy moment over 'Captain America: Civil War'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch