The singer who painted her masterpiece with 2000’s ”I Am Shelby Lynne” squandered a lot of goodwill with an overwrought follow-up, but she’ll win it back with ”Identity Crisis.” Lynne is so in her element with this self-produced, mostly self-performed, largely acoustic set of folk-soul that you have to believe the title’s a deliberate misnomer. There’s variety in ”Crisis”’ intimacy, from the gospel blues of ”10 Rocks” to the Patsy homage ”Lonesome,” though Lynne’s at her hear-a-pin-drop best assaying the moment when emotional masochism reaches its limits in ”I Don’t Think So.”
Identity Crisis The singer who painted her masterpiece with 2000's ''I Am Shelby Lynne'' squandered a lot of goodwill with an overwrought follow-up, but she'll win it...Identity Crisis The singer who painted her masterpiece with 2000's ''I Am Shelby Lynne'' squandered a lot of goodwill with an overwrought follow-up, but she'll win it...2003-09-26
Lead Performer: Shelby Lynne; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted September 26 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!