The singer who painted her masterpiece with 2000’s ”I Am Shelby Lynne” squandered a lot of goodwill with an overwrought follow-up, but she’ll win it back with ”Identity Crisis.” Lynne is so in her element with this self-produced, mostly self-performed, largely acoustic set of folk-soul that you have to believe the title’s a deliberate misnomer. There’s variety in ”Crisis”’ intimacy, from the gospel blues of ”10 Rocks” to the Patsy homage ”Lonesome,” though Lynne’s at her hear-a-pin-drop best assaying the moment when emotional masochism reaches its limits in ”I Don’t Think So.”
Identity Crisis The singer who painted her masterpiece with 2000's ''I Am Shelby Lynne'' squandered a lot of goodwill with an overwrought follow-up, but she'll win it...Identity Crisis The singer who painted her masterpiece with 2000's ''I Am Shelby Lynne'' squandered a lot of goodwill with an overwrought follow-up, but she'll win it...2003-09-26
Lead Performer: Shelby Lynne; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted September 26 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!