In what may be the least unexpected bit of stunt casting in ABC’s history, Regis Philbin will guest star on ”Hope & Faith” during sweeps month in November. Kelly Ripa’s new sitcom, which debuted to strong numbers last Friday, stars the ”Live With Regis and Kelly” daytime cohost as a fallen soap star. In the upcoming episode, her morning pal will play Handsome Hal Halverson, a used car salesman who auditions the down-on-her-luck actress for a commercial. At least ABC didn’t cast him as a game show host.
(Regis Philbin:Dan Herrick/ZUMA Press/NewsCom)
Posted October 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Winslet to star as famed muse and photographer Lee Miller
- See the first teaser for the Jesse Owens biopic
- Vin Diesel breaks free of his chains in new 'Last Witch Hunter' clip
- What's the best Halloween movie? 'Hatchet' director Adam Green says...
- Jennifer Lawrence departs 'The Rosie Project'
- Two 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' mystery characters get backstories
- HBO orders Lena Dunham's 1960s feminism comedy pilot
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6