In what may be the least unexpected bit of stunt casting in ABC’s history, Regis Philbin will guest star on ”Hope & Faith” during sweeps month in November. Kelly Ripa’s new sitcom, which debuted to strong numbers last Friday, stars the ”Live With Regis and Kelly” daytime cohost as a fallen soap star. In the upcoming episode, her morning pal will play Handsome Hal Halverson, a used car salesman who auditions the down-on-her-luck actress for a commercial. At least ABC didn’t cast him as a game show host.
(Regis Philbin:Dan Herrick/ZUMA Press/NewsCom)
Posted October 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters