In what may be the least unexpected bit of stunt casting in ABC’s history, Regis Philbin will guest star on ”Hope & Faith” during sweeps month in November. Kelly Ripa’s new sitcom, which debuted to strong numbers last Friday, stars the ”Live With Regis and Kelly” daytime cohost as a fallen soap star. In the upcoming episode, her morning pal will play Handsome Hal Halverson, a used car salesman who auditions the down-on-her-luck actress for a commercial. At least ABC didn’t cast him as a game show host.
(Regis Philbin:Dan Herrick/ZUMA Press/NewsCom)
Posted October 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lewis Black calls Jon Stewart the 'Walter Cronkite of his generation'
- Cheryl Boone Isaacs re-elected Academy president
- Ridley Scott hints that 'Prometheus' sequel will be next
- 'The Walking Dead' star Melissa McBride says season 6 is a 'crazy ride'
- EA announces 'Star Wars: Battlefront' Fighter Squadron mode
- Are those 'Daily Show' field segments real? Jessica Williams answers
- Billy Joel closes down Nassau Coliseum with help from Paul Simon