In what may be the least unexpected bit of stunt casting in ABC’s history, Regis Philbin will guest star on ”Hope & Faith” during sweeps month in November. Kelly Ripa’s new sitcom, which debuted to strong numbers last Friday, stars the ”Live With Regis and Kelly” daytime cohost as a fallen soap star. In the upcoming episode, her morning pal will play Handsome Hal Halverson, a used car salesman who auditions the down-on-her-luck actress for a commercial. At least ABC didn’t cast him as a game show host.
(Regis Philbin:Dan Herrick/ZUMA Press/NewsCom)
Posted October 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories