In what may be the least unexpected bit of stunt casting in ABC’s history, Regis Philbin will guest star on ”Hope & Faith” during sweeps month in November. Kelly Ripa’s new sitcom, which debuted to strong numbers last Friday, stars the ”Live With Regis and Kelly” daytime cohost as a fallen soap star. In the upcoming episode, her morning pal will play Handsome Hal Halverson, a used car salesman who auditions the down-on-her-luck actress for a commercial. At least ABC didn’t cast him as a game show host.
(Regis Philbin:Dan Herrick/ZUMA Press/NewsCom)
Posted October 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday