It was a regular rainbow coalition on the Emmys’ red carpet this year – and for once, the ”Queer Eye” guys had nothing to do with it. Clad in everything from airy pastels (Sarah Jessica Parker, Christina Applegate) to striking jewel tones (Allison Janney, Cynthia Nixon), stars proved that color is the new black. ”I loved the color,” says ”Without a Trace”’s Poppy Montgomery about her aqua frock. ”It’s still really summery here and hot, so I think people are inspired by the fact that it’s about 95 degrees.” Indeed, some celebs took it upon themselves to don dresses with built-in air-conditioning: Jennifer Aniston and Elisha Cuthbert (in vintage purple Ungaro) both sported short, sassy styles. ”I wanted to look young and didn’t want to look like I was doing it up too much,” says Cuthbert. (Perhaps the heat affected actress Bai Ling’s judgment: Her tummy-baring number was more hoochie than haute.) On the jewelry front, chandelier earrings (on Debra Messing, Kristin Davis, and Patricia Heaton) are still going strong. But double-sided tape will likely be the most important accessory for the upcoming awards season. Says ”Curb Your Enthusiasm”’s Cheryl Hines about her strategically beaded Valentino: ”The models on the runway don’t mind letting it all hang out, but I have my limits.” (Style Sheet is a new regular feature in News & Notes.)
Posted October 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing