Four albums after his auspicious 1998 debut, ”It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot,” DMX is still barking about street survival, inner demons, and his canine fixation. But while his fiercely agitated flow was once positively galvanizing on a string of rugged hip-hop anthems, the X-Man’s grating lyrical redundancy throughout this disc reeks of laziness, and his self-derivative hooks and beats hint at complacency and stunted growth. Sadly, the ”Champ” seems to have lost his old bite.
Grand Champ Four albums after his auspicious 1998 debut, ''It's Dark and Hell Is Hot,'' DMX is still barking about street survival, inner demons, and his canine...Grand ChampHip-Hop/Rap Four albums after his auspicious 1998 debut, ''It's Dark and Hell Is Hot,'' DMX is still barking about street survival, inner demons, and his canine...2003-10-03
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: DMX; Producer (group): Def Jam
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More