If heaven has good reception, it was definitely tuned in to Gordon Jump’s pitch-perfect turn as bumbling radio station manager Arthur Carlson on ”WKRP in Cincinnati”. While best known for that role, Jump (who died of respiratory failure at 71 on Sept. 22) also tackled parts both dirty (a pedophile in ”Diff’rent Strokes”) and clean (as Ol’ Lonely, he shilled Maytag washing machines for the past 15 years). You may be gone, but baby, we’ll think of you once in a while. – Dalton Ross
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller Kate & Kate and More!