If heaven has good reception, it was definitely tuned in to Gordon Jump’s pitch-perfect turn as bumbling radio station manager Arthur Carlson on ”WKRP in Cincinnati”. While best known for that role, Jump (who died of respiratory failure at 71 on Sept. 22) also tackled parts both dirty (a pedophile in ”Diff’rent Strokes”) and clean (as Ol’ Lonely, he shilled Maytag washing machines for the past 15 years). You may be gone, but baby, we’ll think of you once in a while. – Dalton Ross
Posted October 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Limitless' is hosting a Bollywood dance number: Get your first look
- 'The Worst Witch' headed for a TV reboot on CBBC
- Emily Blunt channels 'Frozen' in new trailer for 'The Huntsman: Winter's War'
- Ubisoft confirms no major 'Assassin's Creed' release for 2016
- Shawn Ashmore is hunted down in 'Quantum Break' trailer
- Mayhem is on the menu in new trailer for 'The Invitation'
- Ryan Reynolds had Deadpool's charisma, cheek, and... tongue, says creator