If heaven has good reception, it was definitely tuned in to Gordon Jump’s pitch-perfect turn as bumbling radio station manager Arthur Carlson on ”WKRP in Cincinnati”. While best known for that role, Jump (who died of respiratory failure at 71 on Sept. 22) also tackled parts both dirty (a pedophile in ”Diff’rent Strokes”) and clean (as Ol’ Lonely, he shilled Maytag washing machines for the past 15 years). You may be gone, but baby, we’ll think of you once in a while. – Dalton Ross
Posted October 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Does Lincoln have a death wish?
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast