If heaven has good reception, it was definitely tuned in to Gordon Jump’s pitch-perfect turn as bumbling radio station manager Arthur Carlson on ”WKRP in Cincinnati”. While best known for that role, Jump (who died of respiratory failure at 71 on Sept. 22) also tackled parts both dirty (a pedophile in ”Diff’rent Strokes”) and clean (as Ol’ Lonely, he shilled Maytag washing machines for the past 15 years). You may be gone, but baby, we’ll think of you once in a while. – Dalton Ross
Posted October 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bond: Sam Mendes thinks 'it's time for somebody else' to direct
- Tom Hardy chats with Princes William and Harry at charity polo tournament
- 'Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?' trailer: James Franco's re-'vamp'
- Melissa McCarthy to 'Ghostbusters' haters: 'I hope they find a friend'
- Zac Efron shares 'High School Musical' throwback cast photo
- What is Essex Corp? 'X-Men: Apocalypse' post-credits scene explained
- 'Kingsman 2': Jeff Bridges joins 'The Golden Circle'
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers