With Montreal rivaling Vancouver as a hot location – just this summer, Martin Scorsese’s ”The Aviator”, Halle Berry’s ”Gothika”, and the Angelina Jolie-Ethan Hawke thriller ”Taking Lives” shot there – the city’s boutiques are now a destination for celeb shoppers. Penelope Cruz, Jolie, and Gwen Stefani are among those flocking to Want Stil for hard-to-find Scandinavian labels like Filippa K and J. Lindeberg. But, says founder-owner Byron Peart, the big sellers are super-slim jeans from Stockholm-based Acne. ”It’s for clients looking for an alternative,” says Peart of the Acne jeans Charlize Theron picked up at the shop. Gives new meaning to the word backne. – Alice M. Lee
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Hayley Atwell takes license photo dressed as Peggy Carter
- Paul McCartney plays the Beatles' 'Another Girl' for the first time live
- Ozzy Osbourne talks plans for Black Sabbath's final tour, album in 2016
- Emma Roberts talks 'Scream Queens': 'It's 'Mean Girls' meets 'Friday the 13th''
- Fox to debut half-hour version of animated series Golan the Insatiable on May 31
- John Stamos calls 'bulls---' on Olsen twins' 'Full House' claims