With Montreal rivaling Vancouver as a hot location – just this summer, Martin Scorsese’s ”The Aviator”, Halle Berry’s ”Gothika”, and the Angelina Jolie-Ethan Hawke thriller ”Taking Lives” shot there – the city’s boutiques are now a destination for celeb shoppers. Penelope Cruz, Jolie, and Gwen Stefani are among those flocking to Want Stil for hard-to-find Scandinavian labels like Filippa K and J. Lindeberg. But, says founder-owner Byron Peart, the big sellers are super-slim jeans from Stockholm-based Acne. ”It’s for clients looking for an alternative,” says Peart of the Acne jeans Charlize Theron picked up at the shop. Gives new meaning to the word backne. – Alice M. Lee
Posted October 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' exclusive clip: Mary Lynn Rajskub is Boyle's dream woman
- 'The Vampire Diaries' can't take a bite out of the competition
- James Bond kills supercut: Shocking, positively shocking
- What we learned from the 'Pretty Little Liars' Comic-Con panel
- Hear that amazing Kelly Clarkson 'Already Gone' cover from this week's 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Justin Bieber reveals cover art for new album, 'Purpose'
- See the cover for 'Eligible,' Curtis Sittenfeld's 'Pride and Prejudice' retelling -- exclusive