With Montreal rivaling Vancouver as a hot location – just this summer, Martin Scorsese’s ”The Aviator”, Halle Berry’s ”Gothika”, and the Angelina Jolie-Ethan Hawke thriller ”Taking Lives” shot there – the city’s boutiques are now a destination for celeb shoppers. Penelope Cruz, Jolie, and Gwen Stefani are among those flocking to Want Stil for hard-to-find Scandinavian labels like Filippa K and J. Lindeberg. But, says founder-owner Byron Peart, the big sellers are super-slim jeans from Stockholm-based Acne. ”It’s for clients looking for an alternative,” says Peart of the Acne jeans Charlize Theron picked up at the shop. Gives new meaning to the word backne. – Alice M. Lee
Posted October 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'