With Montreal rivaling Vancouver as a hot location – just this summer, Martin Scorsese’s ”The Aviator”, Halle Berry’s ”Gothika”, and the Angelina Jolie-Ethan Hawke thriller ”Taking Lives” shot there – the city’s boutiques are now a destination for celeb shoppers. Penelope Cruz, Jolie, and Gwen Stefani are among those flocking to Want Stil for hard-to-find Scandinavian labels like Filippa K and J. Lindeberg. But, says founder-owner Byron Peart, the big sellers are super-slim jeans from Stockholm-based Acne. ”It’s for clients looking for an alternative,” says Peart of the Acne jeans Charlize Theron picked up at the shop. Gives new meaning to the word backne. – Alice M. Lee
Posted October 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum
- CineFix ranks the 10 best final film shots of all time