With Montreal rivaling Vancouver as a hot location – just this summer, Martin Scorsese’s ”The Aviator”, Halle Berry’s ”Gothika”, and the Angelina Jolie-Ethan Hawke thriller ”Taking Lives” shot there – the city’s boutiques are now a destination for celeb shoppers. Penelope Cruz, Jolie, and Gwen Stefani are among those flocking to Want Stil for hard-to-find Scandinavian labels like Filippa K and J. Lindeberg. But, says founder-owner Byron Peart, the big sellers are super-slim jeans from Stockholm-based Acne. ”It’s for clients looking for an alternative,” says Peart of the Acne jeans Charlize Theron picked up at the shop. Gives new meaning to the word backne. – Alice M. Lee
Posted October 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel